1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colorado school bans game of Tag

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

M-80s? Don't bring that weak shit in here. We played tackle football on glass-strewn gravel field littered with old syringes. And we used a stick of dynamite for a ball.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Now that would make a game of Calvinball that much more interesting.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

A stick? Singular? Maybe if this was first-grade powder puff at Hope Heights School for Special Needs Children.

4. jboy

jboy Guest

Oh yeah? We used to play soccer without shin guards!

5. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Everyone knows Calvinball is double-touch football using a beachball. And out of bounds is the house, all the way to the line of bushes at the back of Mrs. Smith's back yard.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yes, but if the ball goes into the mud pit of despair, it's tiger-proof unless Hobbes injects himself with seven dirty syringes.

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I'm glad this thread went this direction :D

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My cousin's kid nearly got expelled for snapping a girl's bra. He's 10 and just about the sweetest kid ever...

His parents had to go to a hearing where one of the teachers called what he did, "sexual assault"

Fortunately, he wasn't expelled...

9. Mizzougrad96

We had Fight Club during recess... ;D

10. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

she was asking for it, dressing that way.

11. Mizzougrad96

I'm not saying he was in the right, but c'mon... In my day we might have gotten detention... Hell, we might have just had to apologize...

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

All I know is that I would totally dominate Smear The Queer if I went back to the playground in today's climate. I'd be like Babe Ruth, no one could touch me in this era.

Kid: So how do you play this game, Bubbler? Are you sure we should say the word queer? My teacher says that's a hate crime.
    Bubbler: I'm as sensitive as the next guy, Hoss, and you should love those of all of sexual orientations equally.
    Kid: Ohhhkay?
    Bubbler: Now that I got that out of the way, hate crime, shmate crime. It's a freaking game. It could be called Smear The Beer, Smear The Peer or Smear Norman Lear. It isn't about the name of the game, it's about the sacred trust that goes into it. So never mind all that. Lets have some harmless fun. Here ... just take the ball.
    Kid: So what do I do with this ... [Jack Tatum, or NFL safety of choice-style decleater] ... OUCH! That's my fucking collar bone, asshole!
    Bubbler: Do you understand now? I got the ball now you little motherfucker! What are you going to do to salvage some pride?
    Kid: I'm going to smear you, queer!
    Teacher: What's that you said? You're grounded from recess until you finish 90 hours of sensitivity training! Put your eyeball in the retina scan for hours upon hours of re-education right now, mister!

(Bubbler runs off, his work is done here. His mission? Spread the revival of Smear The Queer playground by playground, like a violent Johnny Appleseed.)

Draft saved Draft deleted