1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

college mascot poll

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by writing irish, Feb 19, 2007.

?

Which D-1 university has the most "flaming" mascot?

1. Arizona State

6.9%
  2. Kansas

17.2%
  3. New Mexico State

10.3%
  4. San Diego

13.8%
  5. Seton Hall

3.4%
  6. Minnesota

3.4%
  7. Kentucky (old logo)

6.9%
  8. Duke

10.3%
  9. Wisconsin

3.4%
  10. Notre Dame

10.3%
  11. Penn State

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Oregon

3.4%
  13. other

10.3%
  1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Tim Hardaway hates this poll.

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Sorry about the public humiliation of the Jayhawks, Oz. You gotta admit, though, the bird's a little fruity. All of the various Jayhawk statues around Lawrence are kinda cool, though.

I'm wondering if Duke's showing in this poll is because people really think the blue devil's gay or just cause people hate Duke.

I remember an old version of the Kentucky Wildcat that was kind of an amateurish drawing, but I can't remember the curling dick-tongue. Too bad they changed it. I like it when schools I dislike have dumb logos.

Thanks to those who participated in this admittedly foolish excercize. It's a holiday, none of the people I need to interview are available, so I have nothing to do on this fine Monday...my mood is far from serious.

Speaking of President's Day and adolescent humor, I finally figured out why "Log Cabin Republicans" have their name. To think that all this time I thought there was a more scatalogical nomenclature at work...

3. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

c'mon, no one thought bucky badger was gay-looking? the turtleneck is really what pushes it over the edge. plus, he's licking an ice-cream cone in this pic.

[​IMG]

4. writing irish

Wisconsin and Notre Dame have been added.

So far, it's Duke and Kansas in a catfight for the title. Winner gets to fellate the trophy known as the Bucco Bruce Creamcicle. (Showing just Bruce here because the actual trophy is NSFW)
    [​IMG]

5. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

RE: Kentucky Wildcats "penis tongue" logo.

After some googling, I found out they quit using either during or after the 1994 season. It just said "changed it in 1994 after three years."

So, if any designers/deskers out there have an old file to post, you're talking about a logo at least 13 years old.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No problems here. From the Jayhawk to the Rock Chalk chant, I love that KU stumps some with its traditions. They are unique.

As for the poll, did no one mention the scarfed one? We Are ...

http://www.varsity.com/images/upload/nationals/2004/college/mascot/psu.jpg
    http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2004/04/04-20-04tdc/04-20-04dnews-06b.jpg

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I voted for other already

8. writing irish

I will reset the poll to accomodate everyone who had to vote for "other." So cast your votes again.

Kentucky has been added in honor of the short-lived dicktongue. Penn State, too.

I'm no fan of Wildcat Nation...would love to see Kentucky come from behind (ahem) to win this poll.

This poll's open-ended (cough), but for simplicity's sake, we'll crown a queen this evening at 7pm Eastern Time.

9. writing irish

That's close, B-Dub. The Bucco Bruce Creamcicle has a similar design, except it's orange crystal and has Bruce's head on the end.

Paging Zeke, your Gophers have no votes in the newly-reset poll, Zeke please pick up the Maroon-and-Gold courtesy phone...

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Minnesota: Where we like our beer cold and our homosexual rodents FLAMING!

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

But how does that affect me, Tom Ryther....

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Where's the leprechaun?

Or this one?

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted