1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College hoops coaching firing/hiring thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Mar 8, 2007.

1. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Member

And Dakich resigned today. I think West Virginia should kick in some money as a thank you. As the Mountaineers on this board (and there are a few on here) know, it was Dakich who orginally took the WVU job after good ol' Gale quit in the middle of the season, then went back to BG after he found out about Jon Hargett's hometown "benefactor." Because he left, WVU got John Beilein, who has taken the team to two NCAA tournaments and two NITs.

Thanks for helpin' us out, Danny. We'll burn a couch in your honor.

2. trounced

trounced Active Member

I enjoyed watching Dakich's teams play. They were well constructed. He just seemed to do a horrible job recruiting.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

How long will it be before Dakich shows up as an assistant in Lubbock?

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Salt Lake Tribune is reporting the University of Utah has offered its head coaching job to Larry Krystkowiak, former head coach at Montana, current asst. coach with Milwaukee Bucks.

5. Armchair_QB

Sportschick is gonna be pissed.

6. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

She'll be happy. He'll be closer.

Another rumor I heard is the Bucks don't want to lose Krystko and might fire their coach sooner than later and promote the old Griz to head coach.

7. Armchair_QB

Isn't stalking someone across state lines a federal offense?

8. trounced

trounced Active Member

That won't happen.

9. zizzer

zizzer Active Member

Spot on, Ides... Terry Stott shown the door today...

The Cleveland PD reported yesterday (I think it was yesterday...) that Utah got permission to talk to Jim Christian of Kent State....

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Absolutely correct.

I don\'t know if his wife\'ll let him leave the big city again. She\'s a big reason he left Missoula.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Not only am I posting twice in a row, but I'm quoting the same post :D

Bucks have fired their coach. Guess Larry's not coming any closer to me now!

12. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Evansville has hired former player Marty Simmons to coach the Purple Aces. Simmons was coaching D2 Southern Illinois-Edwardsville.

Draft saved Draft deleted