1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College hockey conference craziness

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stitch, Jul 9, 2011.

1. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

With Notre Dame officially heading to Hockey East, the CCHA as we know it is all but dissolved. Now comes the next task for Hockey East - either find a 12th team (RPI? UConn? Bentley? Quinnipiac?) and/or come up with a new playoff format in preparation for 2013-2014.

And I wonder what the Versus/NBC Sports tv deal means for NESN's tv relationship with Hockey East ...

2. derwood

derwood Active Member

Does not affect it.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I think the ND deal only covers home games, someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I don't think NESN would send a crew to South Bend in January either way.

4. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

Right I think it's just the home games.

5. derwood

derwood Active Member

It's like college football; home team owns TV rights. Notre Dame isn't getting any NESN money and Existing Hockey East members aren't getting any VS money.

6. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Though I still have yet to see a NESN schedule of Hockey East games for the 2011-2012 season ...

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Alabama-Huntsville dropping to club level. The school was in the wrong location for college hockey.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/10/uah_iced_charger_hockeys_33-ye.html

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Most of those games will draw audiences all the way up into the hundreds.

Draft saved Draft deleted