1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College GameDay changes.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 12, 2010.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Re: College GameDay changes... Andrews is in, Fowler is out.

It's the best pre-game show on the air. The pre-taped bits are usually better than "former player sitting in a chair across from current player" that you see on NFL shows.
    I don't have a problem with hosts honking their alma maters, regardless of how well or poorly they are doing. I don't think you see it on the pro level because former pros really don't feel that connection to their old teams.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

They hate coming to the West Coast because of the early start time, especially later in the year (unless it's LA or Arizona). Now they have even less reason to, with a 6 a.m. start.

Erin Andrews might be a nice person, but she is flat-out horrible. An hour of her nasaly voice will be unbearable.

And I don't understand the hostility toward Fowler. He makes the show, and was also very solid on Thursday night.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

I don't see the show all that often since I'm covering a game every Saturday, but I usually enjoy it until Desmond Howard starts talking.

Now I can enjoy it until Erin Andrews starts talking. Also, I saw her on TV briefly yesterday at the Team USA thing on ESPN and she needs to eat a few more hamburgers.

4. Deskhack

Deskhack Member

I don't know about that...They came to Provo and Tucson last year, and they've made several trips to Eugene over the past few years. They might hate it, but they certainly do it.

5. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

More Erin is always good. Don't care about any of other clowns on the show. Rarely watch it anyway because I'd rather watch a real game.
    And, yes, just saw her on the home run derby pregame and she does look a bit thin.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Thank goodness - it appears that nothing has changed with core of show.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Call me when they bring back College Football Quagmires.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Not to mention USC's demise.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I guess you're out of the area, otherwise you'd have plenty to look forward to. A shitty Tennessee squad can take the place of Vanderbilt as the opponent du jour on the JP/Lincoln Financial/Raycom/SEC Network 11:30 a.m. game.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Provo's in the Mountain Time Zone; so is Arizona, when standard time resumes. They've been to Oregon several times over the past 10 years, early in the season.

All things considered, they're reluctant to come to the West Coast. Which is OK, I guess, because our region just isn't as passionate as the deep south about college football. And I understand they don't want to get up at 4 a.m. for a 6 a.m. show when they can stay in the southeast and start at 10 a.m. (or 9 a.m. now).

And if there are 13-14 CFGD's a year, rarely are more than one or two in the Pacific Time Zone.

Me, I love waking up at 7 on Saturday AM and watchig the show, and then having the games start at 8:30 a.m. or 9 a.m.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

So no one's going to change the thread title?

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Just don't change it to "Fowler is in; Andrews...."

Draft saved Draft deleted