1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sellmate, Jul 14, 2006.

1. sellmate

sellmate Guest

When do you start getting the lather going for college football: after the national championship, spring, summer, just before the season?
    I just hit it. No MLB, some guy named Landis, the Ohio Amateur. I now need college football. Time for some Buckeyes.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

FuckabunchaBuckeyes.

Goddamn. Fuck them and their pretentious THE Ohio State University. Fuck them and their cheating. Fuck them and their pass interference.

Fuck them.

Goddamn Fuckeyes.

3. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Um, everything ok?

4. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

yankees make me laugh...

5. KP

KP Active Member

You tell him, IJAG. THE, like they are some country club.

6. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

like duke...

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I couldn't have said it better myself!

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I can't for the life of me figure out why Ohio State is the scorn of so many people I know. They don't have the aura of Michigan, though they do kick their asses all the time now. They don't have the prestige of Notre Dame, but they beat the piss out of them at the Fiesta Bowl. But among those I know, Ohio State is like Dook basketball on steroids. I don't get it. But I do like the scarlet and silver.

9. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

So, IJAG, how do you REALLY feel about the Buckeyes?

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Full disclosure: I was born in Michigan, Ann Arbor's my favorite college town and my aunt worked at UM for 20+ years.

But I just hate the motherfuckers.

11. sportsed

sportsed Guest

I'm not really clear on the etymology of the "THE" thing, but the Buckeye fans on here can back me up:

The only times OSU is referenced as THE Ohio State University are when former Buckeye football players are introducting themselvs on MNF; when a national columnist strains to be hip; or when a university front-office type strains to be hip.

I love the Bucks (sorry JAG, It's nice to feel like a Yankees fan for once with so many people hating one of your teams) but the THE Ohio State University thing is played. It's kind of taken on a life of its own, a life that doesn't reside in Columbus.

12. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Growing up in the Sooner nation, football is an all-the-time obsession. Can't help it. I'm SO ready to see the Horns hit the field. So ready.

Draft saved Draft deleted