1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football weekend 10-26

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GB-Hack, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The ACC is only considered down because the traditional powers are down. Clemson has been oustanding this year, save for this game apparently. Georgia Tech has been good as well. Wake Forest has been the little engine that could and Virginia Tech is finally playing as they were expected to. Miami and Florida State are obviously down, but other schools have stepped up. It's not the best conference in football. But it doesn't suck either.

2. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

I don't know about that. I'm reviewing the past two months of scores, and on several occasions the ACC's top tier teams not just lost, but totally got its ass kicked. Hard to even justify the "it doesn't suck" argument with such an abundance of blowouts.

Miami gets rolled by Louisville, Va Tech gets crushed by BC, Clemson goes out and rolls Ga Tech and then gets crushed by a pedestrian VT team.

The only ACC teams that can say with a straight face that they haven't been embarrassed at least once this season are Wake and BC. (And that's considering that for BC's sake, I'm willing to overlook losing to Chuck the Chest.)

3. Jersey_Shore

Jersey_Shore New Member

Anyone with me that Rutgers eats it and blows the UConn game on Sunday? Or maybe it's the old, negative New Jerseyan in me.

4. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

uconn may be the worst team in the big east, i don't think rutgers will have any problems on saturday

5. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

It's been four years, but I believe the color is "Sweet Gold."

6. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

ESPN brought it up several years ago. The lunchpail is supposed to be Va Tech defense's calling card: blue collar defense. Simply put, they are taking their lunchpail to work.

Now I can't go to sleep without thinking leather and Berman. Thanks fellas :)

7. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Rutgers and Wisconsin are going to get screwed out of a chance for a BCS bowl bid. The BCS cannot take three teams from the same conference and Ohio State, Michigan, West Virginia and Louisville all look to be heading to a BCS bowl, with two of them in the title game. I want a Knights-Badgers matchup in a non-BCS bowl.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Rutgers isn't going to get screwed by the BCS this season ... they're going to play Ohio State for the title. :D

9. HoopsMcCann

fixed -- no way the big east gets, in essence (because that's the way its bowl bids are written) three teams in the bcs -- and we all know notre dame is a lock

10. carrie

carrie Active Member

ESPN showed Uga trying to bite an Auburn guy tonight.

It made me laugh.

:D

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Would a two-loss Notre Dame (if they lose to Navy or USC) make the BCS? I'm not so sure. Well, I guess as an at-large/mom-automatic spot, yes. Nevermind.

12. HoopsMcCann

i am

Draft saved Draft deleted