1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football week 9 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Iowa may be the only team in the country with a negative YAC.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Wonder what Kill is thinking...

"I'm off the sidelines and now they're winning?!?"

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

And Minnesota closes it out with a hammerlock three-and-out followed by a touchdown drive to make it an 11-point game in the final minute. Good for them.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Sweet revenge, 30-plus years in the making, for the 77-6 disaster (or whatever it was) against Nebraska in the 1970s that might have been the low point of Gopher football.

Kill built the foundation for those wins. And he did lead them to four wins before being sidelined.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

This was the best I've seen Minnesota play in at least a decade. They were solid all around.

I must admit when they fell behind 10-0 in the first eight minutes, I said to someone next to me "Here we go again". I was expecting to lose 49-14 or something like that. But then they had that long 75-yard TD drive that seemed to sort stabilize them. And Nebraska --- as we saw over and over last year --- still has serious problems defending a power running game.

Minnesota is 6-2 with games at Indiana, home to Penn State, home to Wisconsin and at Michigan State left. 8-4 is a real possibility.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

No letdown for Florida State. Up 28-0 10 minutes into the game.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

FSU can hang with anyone in the nation. Tremendous athletes at the skill positions. I'm surprised at how accurate of a passer Jameis Winston is this early in his career.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

They're a fucking track team.

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Sometimes you get days that are riddled with upsets. This ... is not looking like one of those days.

FSU had 274 yards of offense in the first quarter.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Knew it would be bad in Tallahassee. But this bad this fast? No ...

No QB play, no consistent playmaking, coaching staff still getting used to roster, coach not really happy with any of the QBs on the roster before the season-opening kickoff. Other than that, all is peachy ...

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Probably been a few years since Iowa and Minnesota both won Big Ten games on the same day.

If Illinois wins, too ... well, that just shows the depth of the Big Ten conference! :D

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The first quarter in Tally got me thinking: "So this is what it was like when Georgia Tech and Cumberland played."

Draft saved Draft deleted