1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 9 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Johnny Dangerously, Oct 23, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Are they playing in Happy Valley too?

2. melock

melock Well-Known Member

They actually dropped from No. 1 the next week after beating Indiana. Penn State had a 20 or so point lead late in the fourth quarter when JoePa put in the scrubs. Said scrubs give up two late scores and game looks much closer than it actually was.

3. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Penn State over Ohio State (please, please, pleeeaassssse)
    Oregon over USC
    ASU over Cal

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Vonnegut, you're right on both '03 and '01 -- I stupidly sold my tickets to the '03 game and wasn't up there for '01.

5. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Are they playing with traditional Fair Catch rules?

6. They dropped in the AP Poll the week after the Ohio State game...I can't find a link to this, however I did dig out the old '94 PSU highlight film from that year (when I was 12) and that was briefly mentioned. I believe Nebraska beat Colorado with Salaam/Stewart that same week.

And after the hail mary to IU's Dorian Wilkerson (who partied often with the brother of a friend of mine), and subsequent national championship like celebration, Penn State dropped in the coaches' poll.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

And I am an alum...

The changing of the leaves signals fall, but it also signals for me the time of year ASU's house of cards gets knocked over by Tiger or Jan's bracelet. Not sure who is going to do it this year.

If Erickson can run the USC, UCLA, Oregon, Cal gauntlet with one loss, it will be amazing. Two losses will be great. Three losses would be even par, and four would be what I have become used to as far as ASU football is concerned.

No losses in unthinkable.

8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

My biggest concern is that Georgia's offensive line is so bad that Fatt Stafford might actually die in this game. I didn't go to UGA, but I've spoken with Stafford a few times and like him. I certainly hope that o-line doesn't destroy his career.

9. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Vols DC John Chavis jokingly referred to SoCo's o-line and UT's d-line as "a heck of a matchup."

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I was visiting a friend at Penn State and went to the 95 PSU-OSU game ... my only game in Happy Valley. Lots of talent on the field in that game, from George to Kerry Collins and Terry Glenn. We had seats on the 30-yard line, third row. Good times.

Rare chance for me to attend a game as a fan tonight, so I'm off to Blacksburg ... I just hope the rain stops at some point.

11. KP

KP Active Member

The only time anyone will ever confuse East Hartford with State College.

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

South Florida will not demolish Connecticut. They might win, they won't win big though I wouldn't bet on them in a cold weather city when it is really cold out because they haven't shown themselves to be a team that does very well when it isn't warm.

And South Florida based on its body of work should be ranked in the top ten -- but I don't think they are a top ten team. I think their quarterback is a bonehead and makes too many bad plays for the offense to be consistent. I think the team as a whole is pretty undisciplined and makes a ton of mistakes and takes a bunch of bad penalties.

Draft saved Draft deleted