1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 8 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

North Carolina's all black/Carolina blue is sweet.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I've defended the goofy variety of Oregon uniforms for years. I love their 8 million unis over the past few seasons, and think the criticism is totally over the top.

Having said that.. these are the ugliest damn things I've ever seen. Enough with the breast cancer awareness stuff already. We're aware. We get it.

The positive: not only will Mike Leach get to watch his steam get steamrolled this weekend, but it will look like they're getting steamrolled by clowns.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Shouldn't they be in all white?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/17/unc-black-uniforms-north-carolina-miami_n_4118984.html?ref=topbar

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

My Rottweiler named Roscoe says Oregons helmets look like his "helmet"

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Wow, a talking Rottweiler. That's almost as good as Shrek.

6. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Really, Mark? Really? The school sends out a press release, the team has been breaking in the pink shoes, the UO football website has pink highlights but it's all rumor until 7 p.m. Saturday?

7. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

We'll find out these next two games if UCLA is for real or not. Playing Stanford and Oregon back-to-back is tough enough, but playing on the road both times? That's a tall order.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Eastern Michigan's Demarius Reed found dead. Police investigating it as a homicide.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/10/18/4852698/demarius-reed-eastern-michigan-football

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I'll take UCLA to win the Pac-12 South. Certainly better than the team that won the South the past two years. Was impressed with them against Cal. I know Cal isn't anything special, but they were impressive on both sides of the ball. Can they win at Stanford? Eh, I dunno, Stanford's still championship-caliber good. But I suspect it's less than a touchdown either way.

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Louisville locked in a tight one with UCF. These handoffs aren't paying off for the Cardinals.

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

And after a UCF FG, Louisville is trailing for the first time all season.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Alright, Teddy Bridgewater, show us what you're made of.

UCF dominating the line of scrimmage in the second half.

Draft saved Draft deleted