1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 8: The Ol' Head Ball Coach has a swamp. In his pants.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Oct 16, 2012.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

What's your point?

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

None. No point. Facts. Miami's played close games. Florida State's played mostly blowouts.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Had a supervisor (SID) once who would fane ignorance/insanity every time someone mentioned Boise State, Murray State, Northwestern State, etc.

"Uh, I didn't know (fill in blank) was a state. Does that mean there are 51 states now?"

OK, so it was funny the first 5-6 times. After that, not so much.

Then, of course, there was the ticket sales guy at ACOG (Atlanta Committee for the Olympic Games) who, when speaking to caller over the phone about an order, was informed the caller was from New Mexico.

"People from outside the United States are required to purchase tickets from their National Olympic Committee."

4. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Feign. Not fane.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Speaking of wannabe states...... North Texas tied with Louisiana-Lafayette after three quarters.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And now the Mean Green is ahead 23-20.

7. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Did I just see U La-La's kicker wearing bicycle shorts?

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

So, how 'bout that Mean Green?

9. workerB12

workerB12 Member

Are we giving them a participation trophy? They're 3-4.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You made it sound like some kind of flaw in Manuel's game that he threw 85 less passes than Morris.

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Really? I thought if he was making a point it was something along the lines of "Why The F are they throwing with Morris so much?" But, apparently he wasn't making any point.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

It would be interesting to compare total offensive snaps and time of possession between Miami and Florida State. FSU scores so quickly sometimes with big plays that my guess is they have quite a few fewer plays at this point in the season.

Draft saved Draft deleted