1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 7 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Missouri laying a huge egg at home today against Georgia. Bulldogs up 13-0 mid 2nd & driving for more. Tigers have as many turnovers as first downs (2).

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I think TCU gets shithoused this afternoon.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Hawkeyes find themselves in a shootout with the defense-challenged Hoosiers. So far, so good, as Iowa's up 38-21 midway through the third quarter.

Where was this offensive explosion against Iowa State? Oh well ... better late than never.

Meanwhile, in the battle of Big Ten West heavyweights, Minnesota's up 14-10 on visiting Northwestern, entering the fourth quarter.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Baylor doesn't do well against teams with good defenses, though.

5. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

Not only was Gurley suspended, evidently so was Maty Mauk's talent

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Georgia is whipping Missouri's ass so bad they're letting white tailbacks score touchdowns.

7. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

My impression while watching the Red River Shootout (so I'm politically incorrect, deal with it) is that teams in the Big 12 had better get their shots in on Texas this year. In two years, Charlie Strong is going to have them banging on the door for the playoff.

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Don't look now, but Swoopes and the Longhorns have stormed back into it with a couple fourth-quarter TDs.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

So unless Texas Tech completely shits the bed I'll have hit the first 5 of a 6-team parlay.

Okie-Texas over
    TTU +6 West By-God
    Kentucky-Monroe over
    Rice Army over
    Marshall -24 MTSU

The 6th game is Duke-GT. I took the over (60) but the game has been delayed an hour. Yeah, this'll be a fun wait.

10. Songbird

I'm smelling a stench. Marshall just gave up a TD (up 25) and Texas Tech is trying to shit the bed in the waning minutes.

11. Songbird

Marshall covered by a point, and Texas Tech has given up 2 TDs and is tied with 2 minutes to play.

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Xan, what caused the delay in the Duke-GT game? Weather?

Draft saved Draft deleted