1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 7: Give Penn State a break (or at least a bye)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Yeah, but LSU was never going to score a ton of points (except against non-conference cupcakes). Even in the Florida loss, they only gave up two scores. That should keep you competitive in most games.

I'd be very surprised if they lost five straight. I think they'll beat South Carolina and win at Texas A&M. They also have Ole Miss in the mix, so shouldn't lose that one. And the Arkansas game might not be as tough as some expected when the schedule was released. Somewhere between 8-4 and 10-2. Deal with it, LSU fanbois, you're not going to play for the national title every freakin year. That's still a damn good season in a lot of places.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm just hoping that the SEC beats up on each other enough that we get two non-SEC schools in the title game...

No, I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen... USC and Florida State were my best hopes to end the SEC streak, now I'm just hoping Oregon can hang in there...

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Yeah, same here. I wouldn't count out USC or Florida State or several other teams just yet.

You're not going to lose the SEC title game and then turn around and get a rematch in the BCS game. So that's likely to knock out somebody.

4. Mizzougrad96

I just don't see Bama losing to anybody...

5. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Duke has the longest active winning streak in the ACC.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Transferring the Mizzou talk to this thread ... with Franklin out, the #2 quarterback is true freshman Maty Mauk, who hasn't played yet and is on track to redshirt. Pinkel very much wants him to redshirt but said this week that if he's actually going to play and not just run a snap or two, then he doesn't mind burning the redshirt year.

But what happens if Berkstresser's helmet comes off or if he gets hurt and has to miss a play? (Which is somewhat likely against Alabama.) There is a "plan" but Pinkel won't say what it is.

Would hate to see a guy lose a year of eligibility to mop up in a 45-point loss.

7. Mizzougrad96

True... It wouldn't be the first time a coach did something that stupid because they were delusional.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The only way you'd get two SEC teams in the title game is if they're from the East (assuming Mississippi State doesn't go 12-0 and Alabama 11-1). If Florida beats South Carolina (or vice-versa) and goes on to beat Alabama in the SEC championship, and the other one is 11-1, then you might see the Fla/SC loser slip into the BCS title game, but only if Oregon, West Virginia, Notre Dame and Kansas State all lose as well.

9. Mizzougrad96

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see two SEC teams in the BCS title game again... Just by playing it's conference schedule the SEC teams are going to have a strength of schedule that is going to dwarf just about any of the other contenders, except maybe Notre Dame, and the Big Ten being weak this season may take care of that.

10. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I'm disappointed. My favorite team every week is whoever they're facing, just because I have developed a serious dislike for Penn State's fans.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I very much doubt a one-loss SEC team could get the nod over an undefeated Oregon or Notre Dame or WVU. And I do think Oregon is running the table.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Run the Wild (Your Mascot Here) offense.

Draft saved Draft deleted