1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 6: Swamp thing, I think I love you

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Someone check on Dooley.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I don't hate it. Just wondered what the demographic that is a majority of the team thinks about John Denver.
    And dude, I've spent a lot of road time in West Virginia.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

What's the going rate or acceptable time for a college kid lighting up a joint? Seems like one game -- a winnable conference game at that -- is a fair price. The fact that he will be back for the Alabama means Mizzou can possibly shave it from 38-0 to 34-7.

4. LongTimeListener

John L. Smith is stepping up his game -- in the last month he has gone from $25.7 million in debt to $40.7 million.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8460722/arkansas-razorbacks-coach-john-l-smith-now-lists-407m-debt

Must have bought Facebook stock.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I didn't mean you. I'm talking about those black players.

6. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

$15 million in one month? I wish I could blow that much money.

7. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I don't know. It seems to me that a kid getting busted on Wednesday night/Thursday morning, and the only punishment is that he has to sit out the game 2 days later (plus do some running in practice, I'm sure), is a little on the light side.

I know probably 75 percent (higher?) of college football players engage in such activity, but giving him 3 games as a wake-up call that it's not the best idea to do so in a car in the shadow of the stadium sounds like a good idea.

Of course, there's probably some student-athlete code of conduct that spells out exactly what the penalties had to be.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You lose 16 yards
    And what do you get?
    Another game over
    And deeper in debt
    Frank Broyles don't you call me
    Cause I can't go
    I owe my soul to Paul Petrino

9. LongTimeListener

Pinkel suspended himself (or the school suspended him) one game for a DUI last year.

A DUI is unquestionably worse than marijuana possession.

10. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

3 games is more of a punishment than 1. 1 game seems awfully light for using illegal drugs, even if everybody's doing it.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Good Lord, that is tremendous.
    On the other hand, I am going to hate you for the rest of the day for burying that song in my skull for the rest of the day.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Awesome.

Draft saved Draft deleted