1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 6 running thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Oct 4, 2009.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Story lines to ponder:
    --I'm not sure if it'll be a little or by a lot, but Nebraska will beat Mizzou, which shouldn't be ranked.
    --I think Tennessee will finally pull out an ugly win by beating Georgia at home.
    --Pittsburgh will edge UConn (sorry, BYM)
    --I think Ole Miss will upset Alabama
    --I think Auburn will beat overrated Arkansas
    --I think UCLA will edge Oregon
    --I think Wisconsin upsets Ohio State
    --I think Air Force has a good shot against TCU
    --Florida will cream LSU
    --I'll doze off during Michigan-Iowa

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Agree that Mizzou shouldn't be ranked. Not convinced the Sun Belt champs are all that much better. Mizzou by 10, for the second week in a row.

And it's doubtful the Big Televen will win a bowl game this season.

3. dooley_womack1

I'm figuring that Nebraska (who I don't think should be ranked, either) gets the edge by virtue of almost winning against a team that is now top 10 and wiping up the floor with the patsies. Mizzou's one supposedly meaningful win is losing luster by the ton each week, and the Tigers let two inferior foes hang around (and had to overcome a two-touchdown deficit in one of those games). Gabbert is the real deal, but the run game has been spotty and the receivers have made a few circus catches. And the defense has been much better than last year, but its real tests are nigh.

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

All true. Can't wait till Thursday.

5. derwood

derwood Active Member

Georgia & Alabama will win.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Dosing off during Michigan-Iowa sounded like a better plan. ;)

7. dooley_womack1

I just don't have any sedatives around the house, or I would dose off.

8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Ole Miss ain't beatin' Alabama.

9. dooley_womack1

Ole Miss with a lot of talent that hasn't lived up to it, an Alabama offense that's overachieved, game at Ole Miss....I wouldn't count the scenario out

10. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Even the run defense?

11. dooley_womack1

Well, opponents didn't need to run against Missouri last year because the pass defense was horrid. The next three games will tell the true tale about the D

12. WS

WS Member

How dare you guys throw stones at the Big 10. I'll take Michigan over Iowa.

I could see Alabama losing to Ole Miss, especially in Oxford, because this is the type game a Houston Nutt-coached team thrives under. Rebs are a bigger underdog now with the loss at S.C. and lackluster performance at Vandy.

No way Tennessee beats Georgia. That's a team/staff in shambles and it got its Super Bowl win by covering the spread at Florida.

The Auburn-Arkansas all offense/no defense could be a good way to wake everyone up (11 a.m. CST start).

That's a few crazy picks, dooley. Who are you, Songbird? Just kidding, 'du

Draft saved Draft deleted