1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 4 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Sep 20, 2009.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

No player name, just story lines.

--I think South Carolina will throw a big scare into Ole Miss, and could win
    --Georgia Tech beats North Carolina
    --Ohio State knocks the crap out of Illinois
    --I think Cal beats Oregon by at least two scores, tho I hope for an Oregon win, which would give Boise's B.C.S. hopes a boost
    --Virginia Tech edges Miami
    --Clemson will beat TCU
    --Florida will put up at least 60 vs. Kentucky
    --Purdue will beat Notre Dame
    --Texas Tech beats Houston by at least two touchdowns

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

You better pick Pitt to lose again :)

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

One good under-the-radar game will be Southern Miss-KU (and yes, I am biased). Both are 3-0.

4. dooley_womack1

Sorry, BYM. Did you notice my Wlat tribute in my post about how I did in my picks?

And Oz, it could be close for a while, but I think KU will have a solid win. And damn, is that trip to Nevada trap-game material.

5. WS

WS Member

I hate Notre Dame too, but Purdue is just awful. Not sure I see that one happening. Hope it does, though

6. dooley_womack1

Irish lost a top receiver, and it's at Purdue, which is coming off a lackluster effort.

7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I don't see this happening at all. ND's defense can let anyone play with them, but their offense is too damn good, and Purdue seems to have less D than ND. Maybe a good day for the over.

8. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Floyd was a stud, but the Irish still have weapons. Allen is the best RB they've had in a while, and Golden Tate, while like 4-foot-5, is still a heck of a weapon. The loss of Floyd might cost them against USC, but not against Purdue, (Allen and Clausen are the two they can't afford to lose).

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Eipc Flai

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Ole Miss is the most overrated team in the country.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Arkansas-Alabama is interesting. The SEC's top offense against the best defense. The irresistible force vs. the immovable object, to coin a cliche.

12. dooley_womack1

It is what it is.

Draft saved Draft deleted