1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football: Week 2 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Sep 5, 2013.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

62, I believe. Under not be a bad play.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

No, it will be over, something to the effect of 55-21. A&M will score but not until it has been put away.

3. JackReacher

Well, then. Mystery solved!

4. Songbird

No need to even *play* the game!

5. JackReacher

I hope you'll think of us poor dummies when you're cashing your check next week.

Have you ever bet an under? Or an underdog for that matter?

6. Songbird

I have bet unders and learned that they're too risky because of garbage-time scores.

I took the under for Nevada at UCLA (67) because I didn't think they'd combine for 10 touchdowns. It was pretty low throughout the first half before a late score made it 17-13. Ended up 58-20 -- with 28 of those coming in the 4th quarter.

But I get screwed by overs, too. This weekend I took over-48 in Florida-Miami. It was 14-6 after 1Q so you certainly expect these teams to be able to score 4 TDs the rest of the way. Nope. Took over-44 in South Florida-Sparty. Way too low. Sparty alone should have put up 49 based alone on how bad South Florida was in Week 1. Didn't come close: 21-6.

That being said, I'm pretty good picking overs. Unders are just too unpredictable.

7. Songbird

And yes, I bet dogs, many times.

I knew there was no way in hell Cincy covers 9 AT Illinois. Took the over, too, and that was another gimme.

8. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Or just as easily 0-2, based on Halliday not protecting the ball well. Defense has played well enough to go 2-0, but not the offense.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Manziel hasn't exactly endeared himself to too many people in the past nine months. I'll take Alabama 31-13.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I think Alabama wins for one reason -- the week off. Saban had time to spend a week working on his team, and a week to spend working on aTm.

Both of these teams are good, but for different reasons. Alabama's defense and aTm's offense. Can they contain Manziel? If they do, they win. If not, they won't. Just like last season. And that's where I think Bama has the edge, the extra week to fix that shitty offensive line performance, with maybe an extra day or two for special Manziel techniques.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

If you think it's going to be A&M 31-21 bet the money line.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted