1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 15 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

upload_2020-12-13_14-42-17.jpeg

This is one of the worst I’ve ever seen.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

You're also going to get into issues with roster sizes, playing time, etc. Rosters are built on the assumption that those 25 recruits you bring in every year will replace 25 guys who are leaving. If, all of a sudden, you have a handful of starters who are not NFL prospects and decide to come back for another year, now you have to deal with a disgruntled freshman who might not play until his third year, or a sophomore or junior who assumed he was going to step into a starting role next year and now isn't because the guy in front of him is still there. That leads to a lot of transfers, which really hurts you down the road.
    I know from talking to a few college baseball coaches back in the spring that the extra year of eligibility was a major concern, just from the standpoint of roster management. Gotta imagine the same thoughts will run through football coaches' heads this offseason.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Rugby is a little bit different than football, though, in that you don't pass as much. A quarterback trying to pick out targets down the field might have a hard time if the colors are close. You need some contrast at least. Basketball, I'd imagine, would have the same problem.
    Baseball can certainly do it. In fact, the Angels and Rangers have played some red-on-red games.

unnamed.jpg

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Don't have to worry about the shortstop throwing the ball to the opposing runner advancing toward second. :)

Any "dark" in baseball is a softball uniform.

6. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

They can have 110 scholarships for football next season only but the local G5 coach says he expects they'll keep it at 85 and he supposes most of the other G5s will also

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Agreed, that was hard to see, though ASU in the gold helmets helped things.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Gonna be a lot of free agents looking for a contract, er, scholarship.

9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I didn't realize until reading The Athletic story this morning that wide receiver 15-Drake London was in on defense and knocked away the Hail Mary. Smart to have him in at 6-foot-5 with basketball ability. But USC's best defender is linebacker/safety 15-Talanoa Hufanga. I couldn't tell from the replay if he was on the field, too, or if one of them put on a different number. On opening kickoff of the first game last season, USC was penalized for having two No. 7s on the field.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Drake London's first touchdown was beast mode material.

ChrisLong likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I was on the phone with my friend. He has regular cable. I have Hulu streaming. Seems he is about 2 minutes ahead of me. We're talking about something, then he starts shouting, "Go, go, wow, get in there, all the way. London, what a play!" I'm saying, what the fuck, I'm in the middle of a Geico commercial.

Draft saved Draft deleted