1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 15 (Championship Week) thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Here are the most interesting games and lines for Week 15/championship week. As always, point spreads for ESPN odds page and all times Eastern:

Thursday

Central Florida (+5.5) at East Carolina, 7:30 p.m., ESPN (UCF can clinch share of AAC title with win)

Friday

MAC championship (at Detroit): Bowling Green (+5.5) vs. Northern Illinois, 7 p.m., ESPN2

Pac-12 championship (at San Francisco): Arizona (+13.5) vs. Oregon, 9 p.m., Fox

Saturday

Conference USA championship: Louisiana Tech (+12.5) at Marshall, noon, ESPN2

Houston (+7) at Cincinnati, noon, ESPN (Cincinnati can clinch share of AAC title with win)

Iowa State (+32) at TCU, noon, ABC

Oklahoma State (+19.5) at Oklahoma, 3:30 p.m., Fox

SEC championship (at Atlanta): Missouri (+14.5) vs. Alabama, 4 p.m., CBS

Kansas State at Baylor, 7:45 p.m., ESPN (no line yet due to Bryce Petty concussion)

ACC championship (at Charlotte): Florida State (-3.5) vs. Georgia Tech, 8 p.m., ABC

Big Ten championship (at Indianapolis): Wisconsin (-4) vs. Ohio State, 8:17 p.m., Fox (I double-checked this twice and yes, Wisconsin is favored)

Mountain West championship: Fresno State (+19.5) at Boise State, 10 p.m., CBS (Broncos would clinch Big 6 bowl berth with win)

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I expected Wisconsin to be favored by 2 or 3. Four is kinda pushing it, but it's not terribly surprising.

Gotta love a conference title game with a 19.5-point spread.

3. Steak Snabler

Yeah, with the Barrett injury it makes sense the Badgers would be favored. But it initially surprised me.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Just saw where Briles already came out and said that Petty is playing.

If for some reason he doesn't play,I would guess a 7 or 8 point line.......if he does.......13 or 14.......

Put everything you own on Wisky. EVERYTHING.

19.5 seems high for the Fighting T. Boones.......

5. Steak Snabler

Vegas books still aren't listing Baylor-KSU, but if they do eventually post it, I'll make the change.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/

6. Key

Key Well-Known Member

Oregon doing everything it can to keep viewers tuned in here in the first half.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, Arizona blew its chance (or four chances).

8. Steak Snabler

As with the crowd, Arizona declined to show up for this game.

Twenty-five first-half yards for the Wildcats.

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Could lightning strike again for Northern Illinois (and it's conference's) athletic budget?

Huskies smoke Bowling Green to claim the MAC championship. Now they root like hell for Fresno State to knock off Boise State ...

Kudos to NIU; as I mentioned in the poll thread, they just keep reloading each year to dominate the lower-flight of FBS football.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

117 Kansas State
    118 Baylor
    71u-10
    -8½ -10

Take the Bears. Large.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Announced 45,618 at the Field of Jeans last night.

Must have fat-fingered the 4 instead of the 2.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

TCU clearly isn't playoff material with only a 17-3 lead at home against a 3-win team.

Draft saved Draft deleted