1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football week 14 thread: The Greatest Story Ever Toad

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Nov 28, 2022.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Heh. Best QB. Best receivers. Didn't even have to face Georgia. Didn't face a top 10 team. Didn't have his best receiver miss half the season. You'd think they'd have the No. 1 offense, then.
    But they don't. Because barring injury (ah fuck it, despite the injury), the deserving Heisman winner played in Knoxville. :)

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/21
    https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/27
    https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/465

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
    TigerVols likes this.
  2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Didn't play Ball State. Didn't play Akron. Didn't play UT Martin. Didn't play Vanderbilt.

I actually saw him at his worst, @ Microville Tech. The MT DC had discovered a tell and they defensed him magnificently (16-36, 180; 9-27). He still made a great play on a fourth-down run to keep a drive alive in the final two minutes and threw the winning TD pass shortly after that.

But TTTT, the best player in college football is probably some OL or defensive player most fans won't even have heard of until the combine or the draft.

ChrisLong likes this.
  3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Let's save any USC-Georgia debate until it actually will happen.
    That said, C. Williams played a 3-game stretch without his two best receivers -- Jordan Addison and Mario Williams. CW excelled in those games, throwing for 300-400 yards a game and making clutch plays when needed. I'll give the Tennessee guy a seat in the front row, but he won't be on the podium.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I also think that the SEC has conditioned everyone for their best game of the week to be in the 3:30 eastern slot on CBS, so that keeps that going.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Because everybody going back to Athens and Baton Rouge has to follow the one car with the working headlights.

6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

decision was made months ago. The rule is you have to wait within certain windows to announce / enter. Its why there’s been like 190 announcements all at once

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

From listening to Corrigan last night on the playoff reveal show (which I never watch but had on for some reason), he said there was nothing that Alabama or Ohio State could do to enhance their resumes at this point, so Alabama is pretty much done. If both TCU and USC lose, I wouldn't be shocked if TCU still got in. You've got a 12-1 P5 regular-season champion against a 10-2 team that didn't win its SEC division. They each played at Texas with TCU winning by seven and Alabama winning by one. Both played shit OOC schedules. TCU being No. 3 in the CFP ranking is a big deal. If they're No. 4, it's a lot easier to justify them being jumped. Of course, I'm basing this on a close TCU loss. If they get blown out by K State, they're done.

If TCU loses and USC wins, I think Ohio State jumps TCU. But it didn't sound like there was much of a chance that Alabama could get back into the conversation.

10. BTExpress

Left side of the brain wants TCU to stay regardless. Right side wants to see the SEC inflict its usual punishment on OSU in the semifinals.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Amid his double-talk and deflecting, he said it was about quality wins. Alabama has none; its best are against 8-4 Texas, 7-5 Ole Miss and 7-5 Mississippi State.

I think we've got our four, win or lose this week. And they are the best four. You should not be able to back in by being idle. Especially this year. Even if any of the current four lose their conference title game, they are still better than 5 and 6 and proved it in the regular season.

maumann likes this.
  12. BTExpress

I don't know if I'd go that far. USC's best wins are against Nos. 16, 17 and 19. Any year they want to trade schedules, I'm game.

Draft saved Draft deleted