1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 14 (Rivalry Week) thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 24, 2014.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Mizzou in the West would, I think, be somewhere in the Ole Miss/LSU group. Meaning they'd finish around 5-3, maybe 6-2, but they'd get more RESPECT!!!!!!!!!!

This way is more fun.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Yeah. Definitely keep Mike London another year. He's awesome.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Craig Littlepage saw enough on that last drive to start working on a 5-year extension. Not 10, like they gave Al Groh, because that would be stupid. But at least 5.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

So yeah, Mike London can recruit, but how many Top 25 classes in a row does the guy need before he can do better than 5-7 in a week conference?

Littlepage was keeping his buddy no matter what and had to announce it early because he knew what the reaction would be after yet another loss like that.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I rarely ever say anything nice about Mizzou and I'm pretty sure I've never complimented Mike Alden, but ....

Think back to where Missouri and Kansas were circa 2008. Missouri was a little better as a program but it was close and both schools had coaches who, in terms of running a football program, were perfect fits. But KU had an AD that wanted his own guy, had trouble getting along with people and manufactured a controversy to get rid of Mangino.

Alden did the opposite, he didn't yield to the calls from fans to get rid of him after a down year and he stuck with him after the DUI and some other off the field problems. The results on the field for both teams say it all.

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

The Bielema timeout was puzzling for two reasons.

One, he gave the officials time to review the play that was ruled a fumble. Also by doing so, the timeout screwed any chance of getting the ball back if they did fail on the drive.

What Arkansas fans will soon learn now that the Hogs are playing close games. Bielema is a dreadful coach in close games. Makes Andy Reid and Mike Smith look like Bill Walsh.

7. Big Circus

Enough time has passed that I can think about this again: How about the Hokies pulling a Shanahan and not only putting their clearly injured running QB back in the game, but running a sweep with him? Did he sleep with Beamer's daughter or something?

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

That's what you're worried about?

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The last time an air of superiority was felt in Knoxville, Iraq was led by Saddam Hussein.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

More fanboi love about MU's mediocre SEC experience:

The SEC teams Mizzou has beaten over the last two years have combined to win 35% of their SEC games. The SEC teams Alabama has beaten have combined to win 37%.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Mizzou is a decent team. That had a bad beat at home. Two of them, actually. All I'm saying is that winning the East has been easier than winning the west over the last several years. The SEC West team has won 9 of the last 12 SECCGs.

12. Big Circus

No, but I've given up on UVA football for as long as Craig Littlepage is drawing a UVA paycheck. Poor Brenden Motley doesn't need to have his career ruined by the awful football that has enveloped this series.

Although that game probably winds up 28-3 with a healthy Motley, so maybe I shouldn't complain.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted