1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football week 13 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Good for Iowa. Like 'em. But good lord....Michigan BLOWS. That offense is hideous.

2. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Speaking of the Buckeyes, do you think the Spartans stand a chance against them? Some people believe Michigan State have the best defense in the country. It would be a real test against the aggressive offense of OSU.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

"In Heaven, there is no beer,
    That's why we drink it here ..."

:D :D :D

Toastin' a rare Hawkeye win over UM here in the Pacific Northwest, baby!

(and yeah, after outscoring Indiana's horrible defense, the Wolverine offense has VANISHED)

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

That would be an interesting game to watch. I think Ohio State can score with anyone, including Baylor, Florida State and Oregon. They tend to take their foot off the gas when they get a big lead, so the scores aren't as eye-popping, but they're good.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Wonder how Bret Bielema is liking Arkansas these days?

6. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Going to come down to Ohio State's defense. Michigan State has a salty D, but teams (in particular Nebraska) have actually moved the ball on them the last few games. I'm guessing Ohio State will close drives better than anyone Sparty has played this year.

Having said that, Ohio State's defense has struggled pretty mightily at times. Fortunately for them, MSU isn't a juggernaut & will allow Ohio State to play a 4-3 base. They haven't been able to do that much & they're better in it.

I don't see the total going over 50, in any case.

7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Of course, this week, OSU is going to do unholy things to Indiana.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

North Carolina hosts Duke next week in the regular-season finale. Tar Heels have won 21 of the last 23 meetings. If UNC wins and Miami and Virginia Tech also win their games, there could be a five-way tie for the ACC Coastal Division championship. I have no idea who would win that kind of tie.

9. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Weather is awful, windy and snow . They may not throw 10 passes all day. May not have to

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

This might qualify as bullying.

11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Well, he said he has a better chance at winning a national championship at Arkansas.

In other news, Arkansas is 0-8 since the infamous #karma tweet.

12. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Florida's offense is making Michigan's look terrific

Draft saved Draft deleted