1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football week 13 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 18, 2013.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Michigan has a running quarterback yet a stunningly bad running game. I have no faith in them.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Do you not get ESPN?

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

At this stage in the season for ABC, CBS and whomever else, it's not about having a competitive game, but showcasing the teams that are in the national championship race.

4. JackReacher

Then CBS should be showing Alabama and whoever it's going to curbstomp this weekend instead of LSU-A&M.

5. Steak Snabler

I assume ABC will spend the second half promo-ing Ohio State vs. Michigan.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

CBS is showing A&M to showcase Manziel, who might draw a few eyeballs.
    Besides, there's only one game this week. The Game.

7. JackReacher

Right. There are more reasons to show a game other than a team being in the national title hunt. No matter what time of year.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The UCLA game will be a nice acid test for this ASU team.

This is the type of game where they normally would get housed by 30, but I am optimistic about this group and coach.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

That's what happens when some conferences only play eight league games.

10. Steak Snabler

In what is a strangely timed announcement, Urban Meyer says Ohio State DB Bradley Roby will enter next year's draft.

What does Urban have to gain by disclosing that now?

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Minnesota is a hard team to blow out, because they run the ball, take time off the clock and play decent defense. Sort of a poor man's Wisconsin. I'm not sure if they can beat the Badgers, unless UW turns it over a few times, but I don't think they'll lose by 16 at home, unless THEY turn it over a bunch.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I think so, too. Florida State was on ABC the past two weeks in games that each ended 59-3. But they're a marquee team, whereas Duke vs. Wake Forest probably is a game with regional interest.

And, remember, with Notre Dame on NBC, the SEC on CBS and the Pac-12 (and sometimes Big XII) on Fox, ABC has fewer games to choose from.

Draft saved Draft deleted