1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 13 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 17, 2014.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Why would you include them in a parlay then? Pretty savyy!

Wake +15 at home vs. Virginia Tech is pretty juicy. VT down to its 74th string running back. Their QB sucks. Looks like easy cash. Unless Wake is the worst team in the country. Even then....

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Couldn't pass up L'ville-ND
    Wake played Clemson tough for a while. I peeked momentarily at that as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Wake IS the worst team in the country - at running the ball. 341 rushing yards this year. If they were a single player, they'd be 240th in the country in rushing.

What I'm saying is to take the under.

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Wake's 112th in passing offense, 128th in rushing offense (34 yards per game!), 126th in points for, and 69th in points against. They're REALLY bad.

5. JackReacher

Wow. That's definitely horrid. The total is 40. I wouldn't be surprised if it hits 39 by kickoff.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Thursday

Kansas State (+2.5) at West Virginia, 7 p.m., Fox Sports 1 -- West Virginia to win

North Carolina (+6) at Duke, 7:30 p.m., ESPN -- Carolina to win.

Saturday

Minnesota (+11) at Nebraska, noon, ESPN -- Does Minnesota have anyone who can go for 400 on 25 carries? Inclined to say Angry Nebraska by a lot.

Washington State (+16.5) at Arizona State, 1 p.m., Pac-12 Network -- Take the over.

Boston College (+20) at Florida State, 3:30 p.m., ABC/ESPN2 -- Florida State by shutout.

Wisconsin (-9.5) at Iowa, 3:30 p.m., ABC/ESPN2 -- Iowa to win, something like 17-14 or 13-10.

Ole Miss (-3) at Arkansas, 3:30 p.m., CBS -- Hogs on a roll!

Louisville (+4.5) at Notre Dame, 3:30 p.m., NBC -- Recent history says take the over but then it would probably end up 12-10.

Arizona (+3.5) at Utah, 3:30 p.m., ESPN -- Arizona's playing for next week. Utes.

Maryland (+5) at Michigan, 3:30 p.m., Big Ten Network -- Maryland wins, then Michigan hires Edsall.

Stanford (-6) at Cal, 4 p.m., Fox Sports 1 -- Cal still needs a win to become bowl eligible. Cal to cover.

Oklahoma State (+26) at Baylor, 7:30 p.m., Fox -- Baylor

Missouri (+3.5) at Tennessee, 7:30 p.m., ESPN -- Tennessee to win

USC (+3) at UCLA, 8 p.m., ABC -- USC wins, then beats Notre Dame, then beats Oregon, and Kessler wins the Heisman (or at least finishes top 3)

Oregon State (+6.5) at Washington, 10:30 p.m., Pac-12 Network -- Beavers did their thing last week against ASU. Huskies by 4 TDs.

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Hopefully it will be a replay of this game: Iowa 6, Wisconsin 0 ... in 1942.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE8t29qE_J0

Just watch a few minutes and you'll get the idea. Single wing offense, leather helmets, lots of punting.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Just exactly what are you drinking at this early hour?

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This is Cody Kessler, I'm assuming? I can't be sure, because he is only marginally closer to the Heisman race than any other Kessler in the world.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

They're 13 points from being 10-0.

If -- IF -- they do run the table and his average plays out, he'll be at 3,796 yards, 39 TDs and 5 or 6 picks -- with wins over ranked teams Arizona, UCLA, Oregon.

Just sayin' he has tremendous numbers on a very good team that, unfortunately, lost some close ones. Only BC is a bad loss, and in that one he went 31-41-4-0. Don't blame the offense for that one.

11. JackReacher

You have a better chance at hitting a half-dozen 8-team parlays this weekend, Xan.

12. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted