1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 13: Lane Kiffin, altar boy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The NCAA put in legislation to make it tougher for the 6-7 conference championship game losers to make it to a bowl. Georgia Tech is applying for the waiver, but a lot of conferences are against it going through. Will be interesting. Not a slam dunk by any means.

Interesting on Pitt. Had the Panthers beaten Youngstown State, it still would have had to beat South Florida to get bowl eligible since the Panthers played two FCS schools. Since Pitt lost to one of those schools, it can still get in at 6-6 because it would have five FBS wins and the one FCS win (Gardner-Webb).

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I think they deserve a waiver more than UCLA did. The only reason they are in position to lose a seventh game is because Miami effectively nuked itself at the 11th hour.

Speaking of which, teams facing probation should only get "time served" accommodation if they declare themselves ineligible before the season starts. If the Canes were 9-2 going into the Duke game, no way do they decide to sit this year out. What a farce.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Miami is doing it simply because they saw what happened to Ohio State this season.

And it's smart to do that.

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Where is our Week 14 thread!? I need my fix.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Dude ...

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/93804/

6. dixiehack

I understand that. But they shouldn't be able to pull that stunt the week of Thanksgiving once they're guaranteed a meh season.

7. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Phew!

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I think I'll ask for a raise at my next job review.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Just like last year, they weren't going to do it unless they were bowl eligible. They didn't get there until after the South Florida game. Not saying it's right, but that was the thinking.

10. dixiehack

Again I get the school's logic. What I'm saying is the blessed NCAA, which can start an investigation because someone struck gum under his desk in Mass Comm, should outlaw the practice, or at least give no credit or leniency for schools that play it cute and then self-ban at the last minute.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Further information has been dug up on this. Pinkel was at a bar with an assistant, who was making progress with the meteorologist. But Pinkel said, "You're with me, weather," and squired the gal away.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted