1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 13: Lane Kiffin, altar boy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Actually, they'll probably wind up playing a MAC school or San Jose State in Dallas.

The bucket will still get the sh&#$@! kicked out of it though.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I hope that USC pulls off a win, but I doubt it.

Early line between MD and UNC was the Heels -23. Not sure if it's moved this week, but after what happened Monday, safe to say the final will probably be something like UNC 94, UMD 0.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I still think Barkley is an elite NFL prospect. He will slip outside the top five because his offensive line is terrible, but he is the best quarterback prospect in this draft. Geno Smith doesn't have the tools. Tyler Bray, Mike Glennon, Landry Jones and Logan Thomas are a pretty sad-sack bunch of guys who could go in the second or third rounds. I would take AJ McCarron and Tyler Wilson over any of them.

But, yeah, that Robert Griffin III is OK.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I agree about Barkley. This time last year, I was all about the Skins taking him. Now? Not so much. But yeah, I agree. I think he's going to be very good.

Thomas won't enter the draft this year. No idea about Glennon, but scouts seem to like him a lot. Same with Bray and Wilson.

McCarron throws too many damn interceptions.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

WVU -1.5 at Iowa State. WVU blowout.
    Washington -13 at Wash St. Washington blowout.
    USC +6.5 vs. Notre Dame. USC covers, Notre Dame wins.
    Ohio State -3.5 vs. Michigan. Braxton earns his invite to NYC.
    Auburn +31 at Alabama. Guaranteed winner!!!!!!!!!!!11

6. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Brady Hoke is shocked Ohio plays against ranked opponents on consecutive days this weekend.

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Last night's Toledo-Akron game had a story line after all. With junior quarterback Terrance Owens limited by an ankle injury, Toledo senior Austin Dantin stepped in and threw five touchdowns after not playing much since the season opener. Every team should schedule Akron for Senior Night.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

ESPN-commissioned survey finds that Notre Dame's rise has fueled fan interest in college football.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8660161/notre-dame-fighting-irish-climb-no-1-fuels-added-fan-interest

Translation: We're going to beat you over the head with this until you beg for mercy!

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Texas took another step tonight towards their goal of not playing Texas A&M in the Cotton Bowl.

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

No shit. How do you leave out the Old Oaken Bucket game? Virtually every year this game wins the "greatest discrepancy between in-state and national interest" award. People in Indiana truly believe this game a huge deal, nobody else even knows it's played.

You have no soul if you aren't drawn in by the Hoosiers' quest to rob the Boilers of bowl elgibility.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I follow college football quite a bit, in case you hadn't noticed. I know about Floyd of Rosenthaldale and the Bayou Bucket and the Apple Cup and even the Old Brass Spittoon. But I have never watched a Purdue-Indiana game and had no idea they played for the Old Oaken Bucket.

Draft saved Draft deleted