1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 12 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 10, 2014.

1. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

I think "any team that loses to Indiana is barred from the playoff" is a rule we all can live with.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

So.....assuming Florida State loses 1 ...Mississippi State loses 1........TCU, Oregon, Alabama all win out.

Oregon, TCU, Alabama, Florida State?

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I still think Baylor will jump TCU by the end if they both win out.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

TCU played and beat a pretty good Minnesota team on the road. Baylor's OOC schedule is Marshallesque. Ohh, and Baylor didn't lose to WVU. They were jail sexed by WVU.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Minnesota isn't "pretty good". They're average at best and will get skull fucked by Ohio State on Saturday.

I also think its funny that all the people the scream about head to head when Team A beats Team B but Team A is still ranked behind Team B seem to have disappeared around here.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

If Mississippi State has one loss and it's to Alabama, I think you're looking at two SEC teams, and either the Pac-12 or (more likely) the Big 12 can suck it.

7. Steak Snabler

Not sure about that. I think MSU will start to get picked apart for its non-conference schedule in the same way Baylor is now.

8. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Not disappeared, just fatigued. IMO, the TCU vs. Baylor argument is the most pointless of all. They played each other. One month ago. Baylor won. In this particular case (teams with identical records, from the same conference), it's all that should matter. Not how they did vs. a random 3rd party team. If that's the route we're going, why not compare how they both did vs. Oklahoma? It's equally pointless, but depending on which side of the argument you wish to push, it proves.....something?

Yes, they lost to West Virginia. They also did the very next week after their biggest game of the season (TCU), on the road. Which, by the way, happens a LOT in college football. It's why I'm concerned re: Ohio State this weekend. TCU got 'em a couple weeks later, after getting to roll OK State and Texas Tech.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It's pretty hilarious (and excellent for those who want a larger playoff) that in the first year of the four-team format there are going to be six to eight teams with indistinguishable resumes.

10. Steak Snabler

Can we talk about Pac-12 bias for a minute?

Oregon jumps an undefeated team to No. 2 despite a home loss?

Arizona State, which lost at home by 4 TDs earlier this season, has been rocketing up the charts, and is now in the Top 6 after smashing a Notre Dame team that has beaten nobody?

I guess we know who the strongest voices in that room are ... Pat Haden and Condi Rice.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

for the record, Haden begged off a couple weeks ago, for health problems.

12. Steak Snabler

Wrong. That was Archie Manning.

Draft saved Draft deleted