1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 12: This won't be the first time Kenjon Barner burns trees

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

You don't know that. He has the taste now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Well, piss on that. I thought Alabama was off this week.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

They don't list games against FCS opponents in most sports books.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

2-8 record be damned, Auburn looking ahead to the Iron Bowl.

http://auburnzen.com/the-2012-auburn-drinking-game/

And is there some major injury, suspension or other reason I'm missing that should make me hesitate to put my life savings on Ohio State?

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Western Carolina, right? I didn't realize they were FCS. Musta been thinking about ECU or something.

Well shit. I guess I'll take a week off from betting against Alabama....and winning. Good run, though!

6. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

They still only have one healthy, non-converted fullback, linebacker? Their semi-recent tendency to p*ss down their leg upon arrival in Madtown? Their less than stellar performance ATS this season? The fact that they're really not deep & talented enough (at this point in Urban's tenure) to actually go undefeated? The distinct chance of their looking ahead (even a bit) to Michigan? Just off the top of my Buckeye fanboi head....

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/11/13/qb-tyler-bray-paid-to-win-games-quote/1702725/

Tyler Bray: "I'm paid to win football games." Oops...

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

They're in the Southern Conference. This week is all about the long rivalry between the Southern and Southeastern conferences. Other big matchups include Wofford-South Carolina, Georgia Southern-Georgia and Samford-Kentucky.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

If you want to play an FCS school, might as well pick one nearby. The visiting fans will snap up the tickets the home folks don't want.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Easy pickings this week.

Tech @ Okie State: Over (72)
    Stanford @ Oregon: Over (66) and Oregon (-24)
    Washington @ Colorado (UW - 24)

11. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Yes, a Georgia-Georgia Southern game pretty much guarantees that Athens is flooded by Southern students who insist to anyone within earshot that Statesboro is totally better and that Southern was definitely their first-choice school.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Was really impressed with Manuel's ability in the two-minute drill. When his back was against the wall, he delivered. Wasn't as impressed with Boyd, but in the game I saw, Clemson didn't have to drive the ball quite as much because it kept getting great field position. I'd say Boyd is better as a junior than Manuel was, so there's that.

Draft saved Draft deleted