1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 12, in which Les Miles reads Houston Nutt's will

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Nov 17, 2011.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Wasn't there a bar game like this in the 1990s?

Or maybe there was only one set of goalposts, and I saw five ...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. printdust

printdust New Member

The subheads for these weekly football threads are getting better and better.

3. btm

btm Member

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

So assuming only LSU or Oklahoma State wins out, who gets the second spot in New Orleans? You've just disqualified the No. 3 and No. 4 teams in the current BCS rankings. And if you say Oklahoma, are you discounting their inexplicable home loss to sorry-ass Texas Tech, which has gotten blown out in three straight games since they beat the Sooners?

5. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

This.

What I can't wait for is Arky to beat LSU. Alabama and Oregon play for the Nat'l title, and LSU has beaten them both. So, the AP awards their title to LSU and Alabama wins the BCS game.

Perfect! 2 national champs from the SEC :)

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Mike Freeman of CBSSports.com just retweeted a rumor from someone on his timeline that Urban Meyer had signed a big contract w/tOSU. The rumor was untrue. Everyone is going nuts.

Freeman has discovered the power of Twitter.

7. btm

btm Member

I'm not saying Oklahoma either because that Texas Tech loss was inexplicably bad. I'm saying those two had their chance and did not get it done.

It would probably have to be a rematch with one of the two, because no one else is really deserving.

Don't necessarily like it though.

8. Steak Snabler

Well, don't criticize the process if you're not willing to offer solutions. Don't say Alabama or Oregon doesn't deserve a shot if you can't think of somebody else who does.

9. btm

btm Member

A solution if OK State loses would be a four-team playoff between LSU, Bama, Oregon and OU in order of BCS rankings. That would be the ideal thing to do, but obviously not under the current system.

So Snake, you feel Bama or Oregon would deserve another shot?

10. Steak Snabler

Depends on what you mean by deserve. In a perfect world, probably not. In the context of the process as it currently exists, yes. They have a better argument than anyone else.

11. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

OSU will play LSU in a state-school shootout, I'm afraid.
    Nobody's beating either of them this late in the season.
    Arky, to me, has a better shot that Georgia does of beating LSU

12. btm

btm Member

I agree under the current system, there probably really is no other option.

The BCS folk better say a few prayers the Cowboys don't blow it.

As for Arkansas, it barely escaped the clutches of Ole Miss, Vandy and has to go to Death Valley. I would take Georgia at a neutral site over Arkansas.

What if LSU loses? Are they still in the BCS title game?

Draft saved Draft deleted