1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 11 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 4, 2013.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Miami blows. And it will still beat VT this weekend, which annoys me.

I think Alabama is first nationally in PPG allowed, and FSU is third. I'll be into the Bama-LSU game to see if the Bama D can keep it up against this new -- dare I say entertaining? -- LSU offense.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Could be. Maybe they'll meet in a bowl game and we'll find out. Could they beat Clemson? If and/or when Alabama beats Auburn and LSU, they'll deserve the top spot they have now. But it's all kind of meaningless until the schedule's over and done with. If upsets were easy to predict, Las Vegas wouldn't be such a big city.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Could who beat Clemson?

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Auburn beats Alabama.

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Clemson get another shot at Florida State, say, in the ACC championship game.

BUT their divisions are more gerrymandered than even the Big 10's, so you have Miami and Florida State in different divisions, while the Seminoles and Tigers are both in the "Atlantic."

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

To me, that game (which is in Auburn) is much more worrisome than LSU.

You lose by 5 touchdowns at home, you don't deserve another shot.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This discussion of Auburn reminds me of one of my biggest hatreds of the bowl system -- the slotting of matchups by conference finishes. There are a whole bunch of entertaining teams this season who likely won't make BCS games, and their matchups won't be optimal at all.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

ASU AD Steve Patterson to Texas? Good hire given his experience in Houston and the NBA. Bad news if you are an ASU fan because you know Todd Graham has happy feet and you don't want to be a coach working for an AD who didn't hire you.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

In a related note, Graham will now only visit recruits who live within driving distance...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/pac12/2013/11/04/arizona-state-coaches-todd-graham-bo-graham-airplane-mishap/3430163/

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

That cornpone's a good bullshitter, I'll give him that.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Apparently a Pac-12 crew is working the Ohio U-Buffalo game tonight.

Ohio just got flagged for intentional grounding in the end zone which, by rule, results in a safety. Only problem was, the Ohio U quarterback was on the four-yard-line when he threw the pass.

Officials stood around and talked about it for awhile before the referee went over to the replay headset, talked to the booth then announced that the play isn't reviewable and the call stands.

Frank Solich may get fined by the FCC for his reaction.

Buffalo leads Ohio 9-3 in the third quarter.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

UB wins 30-3, so that safety doesn't mean much. Except that the refs sucked and replay does no good whatsoever if you can't overturn an obvious mistake like that on review. That happened in an OSU-Colorado game this year; CU receiver steps OB without contact, comes back in and catches the ball. On review they determine he had both feet in-bounds, but they can't call him for illegal touching because the fact he was OB on his own power before he caught the ball, and thus ineligible, isn't reviewable.

First of three straight Tuesday night games for the Bulls. I know the MAC brass loves the ESPN exposure, but IMHO it's impossible to build your program when you don't play on Saturdays for the final 1/3 of the season, which happens to MAC teams every year.

Draft saved Draft deleted