1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 11: Indiana is playing for a Big Ten title. In football.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Nov 6, 2012.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I remember that game well, Armchair ... :)

In fact, just before the final pass to Holloway, Drew Tate and the Iowa offense looked confused as hell while precious seconds ticked off the clock. They burned about 10-15 seconds before finally getting off one last snap. It was enough!

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

He was a punchline at LSU, too. Every moment of brilliance he had was offset by a horrible interception or bad decision in crunchtime. He got away with some of the bad decisions because of his physical gifts, but he was still terribly overrated.
    You are right that he was a physical freak, though. I remember in the 2006 Tennessee game, one of Tennessee's defensive ends (might've been Justin Harrell) came unblocked off the edge and hit Russell square in the shoulder pads. He bounced off, and not only was Russell still standing, he completed the pass.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Is the line between Clemson and Maryland still only 31? Jump on that now. Put your mortgage on the Tigers. Maryland's best WR and RB are both out with injuries. They already lost their best LB. And the LB who is playing QB is on the injury report. This team may not get past their own 30 yard line, much less the goal line.

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

In other ACC news, Florida State is stumblin, bumblin and fumblin its way through the first half. Hokies lead 10-6 late in the 2Q.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Don't tell Mark. He's going to have to amend his #6 ranking to reflect that FSU has been awesome for all but two games.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

No truth to the rumor he'll be coaching Auburn on Saturday:

http://www.waff.com/story/20046152/thief-makes-off-with-nick-saban-cutout

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Naw. I figured FSU would get Virginia Tech's best shot tonight. Night game, on the road, in the cold. FSU will win, but won't cover the 12-point spread.

Every team has games. Heck, Notre Dame took 3 OTs to get past Pitt.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Here come the Hokies.

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Not sure why you don't go for TD there - doesn't FSU have a really good FG kicker?

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Lunch pail.....Bud Foster's goetee.....Enter Sandman.....Beamer Ball!....Lunch pail.....Bud Foster's goetee......Enter Sandman....Beamer Ball!

11. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I mean - obviously the Noles scored a touchdown so it turned out to be the wrong call - but don't you think they should have went for the TD from inside the 5?

Especially with two time-outs left. Even if they hadn't made it - FSU isn't taking chances and Va Tech may get a chance to get a blocked punt or a good return and be right back in field goal range

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

That winning drive looked a lot like what Alabama did last week. Good teams find a way in the clutch.

Draft saved Draft deleted