1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 10 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 27, 2014.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Halloween isn't until Friday. Plenty of time to dress up the kid as Williams and take him trick or treating.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Alabama's 1901 state constitution was designed to do things: write Jim Crow segregation into law, and to protect big landowners from property taxes.

We have insanely low property taxes, and the tax rates on large tracts of land are lower than on small ones. The hook is that the state lege runs on lovely regressive sales taxes. Birmingham pays a 10% sales tax, and that's across the board, no exception for food or prescription drugs. To be fair, most of the state is a bit lower, 8, 8 1/2%. Jefferson County and Birmingham take a bit for their own coffers and a bit more to pay down what was the biggest municipal bankruptcy in US history.

Ok, I buried the lede. :-[ Crazy high sales taxes make up for very low property taxes.

SMH. If I keep hanging around you guys I'll have to learn to write succinctly so that I'm not embarrassed.

3. Neutral Corner

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Is it just me or does it seem like a big section is missing from the middle of this story? I have no idea what was called on who and why it was reconsidered.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Then the chicken shit Fisher cancelled his media appearance yesterday.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

He's turning into a real goober bitch, isn't he? Shoulda' stuck with his original job of being the son on Mama's Family.

7. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

He never does media the same day as his radio show. The radio was was moved up because of the Thursday game. The media appearance was Friday, not Monday.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Dave Brandon communication skills are a tad lacking.

http://mgoblog.com/content/david-brandon-i-suggest-you-find-new-team

9. BitterYoungMatador2

Spoken like a man who really doesn't have to worry about job security.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. Neutral Corner

I'm thinking he should be.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Karlos Williams is just a model citizen all the way around -- his name came up as part of an armed robbery investigation regarding a drug deal gone bad. He is listed as an "associate" of the dealer who was arrested on a robbery charge. The two men who were carrying the guns still haven't been charged (or found), and Williams is refusing to speak to investigators.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11774172/florida-state-seminoles-running-back-karlos-williams-being-investigated-alleged-domestic-assault

It's tough to tell if Jimbo was talking about this or the domestic incident when he said last week, "It's funny. That guy, who's a tremendous kid, a tremendous ambassador, I don't even know where that [suspension report] would come from. It kind of caught me off guard like 'Whoa.' Karlos has been wonderful."

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Don't worry. Jimbo says the alleged incident is "under review" and that Williams is a go for tomorrow night. Nothing to see here....

/puts fingers in ears
    /LALALALALALALALALALALALALALA

Draft saved Draft deleted