1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 1 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Looks like a cop in #Ferguson.

(But those are sexy.)

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

So if you have FIOS and want the SEC Network in HD, you have to live in either Florida or Texas. Otherwise, you get the channel, but only in SD.

Awesome.

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

If A&M loses tonight, Sumlin will be 9-5 in last fourteen games? Can someone explain why he is considered a great coach?

Edit: A&M was 9-4 last year. A loss tonight would make the genius 9-5 over the last two seasons.

4. Rob Todor

Rob Todor New Member

5. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Wait, so going 10-5 in an arbitrary 15-game stretch makes you NOT a good coach. SUCK ON THAT BOBBY BOWDEN!

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Fifteen games ... I mean, that's a season and a third, right?

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

That sucks. At this point, I wouldn't watch the National Championship game if it was only in low def.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I'm sure the athletic departments would love for the students to stay away. Clear about half of those seats out for more high-dollar season ticket packages. The demand is there. I've been on a waiting list for Alabama for a decade (for the cheapest package, of course).

9. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Not a large sample but his Texas A&M resume doesn't warrant the hype and conversation around him being a great coach. He has totally neglected the defensive side of the ball. Four loss seasons do not scream great coach.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

LOL yeah, what a suck he was for losing four games (three by a touchdown or less) to teams that finished in the final AP top 14.

11. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

More of the SEC bullshit. Four losses are four losses. Great coaches win close games.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

So he was a great coach in 2012. OK.

Draft saved Draft deleted