1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 1: These Wolverines Lack Healing Factor

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Aug 18, 2012.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Bama worries me. Thin in the secondary, unproven second string, Eddie Lacy has to show durability that hasn't been there so far. Everyone here is taking Michigan for granted and that makes me queasy.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I'm full of Nick Saban-fueled hubris. And I don't think Saban has ever taken an opponent for granted. And don't even fucking mention a certain recent Sugar Bowl.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

MAKE IT STOP!!!!

:)

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It's worth noting that I am notoriously pessimistic, especially early in the year. One reason the Ark. game always gives me more heartburn than it should.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

AJ McCarron is the best quarterback in the Southeastern Conference. You heard it here first. (Well, maybe not. But you heard it here.)

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

This could probably go on the Hurricane thread too but La. Tech has announced they've postponed their game with Texas A&M. Game will now be played Oct. 13.

http://www.sbnation.com/2012/8/28/3275135/hurricane-isaac-texas-am-louisiana-tech-postponed-game

7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Awwww... that kills my Thursday night plans....

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Dang. That changes the dynamic. A&M was walking into a trap with a new coach and new QB. By mid October, they will be ready to kill La Tech. That was money on the table. Dang.

See Michigan is up to getting 13.5 now against Alabama. Saban will play Milton Berle football. Showing just enough to win. Taking Mich and the points looks TOO easy.

Other value I like: Colorado State +5 and Penn St -5.5. Lions will play with emotion before they fall apart this year. Iowa inched from -6 to -10. Still like em.

9. workerB12

workerB12 Member

Tough break for A&M losing a bye week in conference play.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's MankyNicky! :D

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Some games I hope to learn from:

--Boise State at Michigan State: I want to learn if, as I suspect, Boise State is underrated and Sparty is overrated.
    --Southern Miss at Nebraska: I want to learn if Nebraska is a true contender for the Big Ten title. Too close a call against a team that provides a bit of a test might make me doubt.
    --Savannah State at Oklahoma State: I want to learn if an FBS team can score 100 points.
    --Clemson at Auburn: I want to learn if Clemson can be a contender in the ACC. A solid win on the road here would be a good start.
    --Michigan vs. Alabama: I want to learn if Alabama is truly No. 1. Denard Robinson thrives on chaos, but I expect Alabama to deliver the chaos to him. If Robinson can somehow have a big game, it gives me hope that James Franklin can do the same when the Tide visits Faurot.
    --Kentucky at Louisville: I want to learn if my feeling that Louisville should be nowhere near the top 25 is correct. Anything other than a double-digit win will make me doubt.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Outing Alert: Versatile is Paul Finebaum.

Draft saved Draft deleted