1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Preview Swap 2007 - the return

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Jim_Carty, Aug 10, 2007.

1. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

Pleased to report we cut back our college tab to 96 pages, but countered with a high school tab that was zoned five times and ranged from 12 to 36 pages. Only shipping the college tab Jim's way, though (comes out this weekend, so it will be on its way to you on Monday, Jim).

2. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

I just shipped our 48-page college tab. Didn't want to burden Mr. Carty's mailbox with our 40-page high school section.

rb

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Well then, get in on the high school tab exchange, too. :)

4. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

I am told we are already in on it, so tabs for everyone!

rb

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Today's my first day back after three straight off days. Package is put together, sealed and addressed. Will be sent tomorrow.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Jim, mine was sent out today in three giant envelopes. If you only get a five-section package one day, be assured that the rest are right behind it.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Any updates on this?

8. Jim_Carty

Jim_Carty Member

Still waiting for a couple of folks.

Not unusual. Busy time for all of us. But I will send a reminder and tell folks if it's not here soon, we're shipping w/o them.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm one of them. I stuck them in my drawer so they wouldn't get stolen over the weekend, and promptly forgot about them. I'll get them out on Monday.

Sorry.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Any updates?

11. Jim_Carty

Jim_Carty Member

Put together the first third of these packages after banging out my stories off today's giant Michigan v. Eastern Michigan showdown. It was actually the first time I looked at any of the sections, and I have to say the work was very, very impressive. You will all be pleased to be receiving these.

I appreciate the time you all took to put these together, as well as your patience for the return packages. We had one last package arrive this week, and I think we should be forgiving, given how busy this time of year is.

Newport News and Rocky Mount never arrived. I mention this not to embarrass anyone, but in case either of those papers still want to follow up. If they do, I have enough extras to send them a package.

If you care to share what you liked on this thread, I think that would be productive. I'll probably have a few thoughts after assembling the rest of the packages and banging out more stuff on Lloyd Carr and Co.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Our package came yesterday. Haven't had a chance to look through it yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted