1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Hey now, let's not lump all the SEC teams together into this one. This is more about Saban being an asshole than the rest of the league.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Blaming the media is another bitch-ass tactic for this midget. Remember he blamed the media for continually bringing up the Alabama job when he was with the Dolphins, only to do exactly what was speculated about.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

One guy who isn’t buying what Saban is selling? His former player for two seasons at Michigan State, Plaxico Burress. After the 1999 season Burress left for the NFL, where he was drafted eighth by the Steelers, while Saban resigned after the end of the regular season but before the Spartans’ Citrus Bowl appearance to coach LSU. On the way out, Burress says, Saban lied to him and the team, and chased money more shamelessly than any college football player.

Plaxico Burress Blasts Nick Saban, His College Coach

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

"I'll take Out of Conference Opponents for $200, Alex."

--- Oregon and Oklahoma.

"Where has Tennessee played the past two seasons?"

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

"I'll take Out of Conference Opponents for $400, Alex."

--- Austin Peay, Western Kentucky, South Alabama, Utah State, Arkansas State, Tennessee-Chattanooga

"Who has Tennessee played at home OOC the last two years?"

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Burress never saw an ax he couldn't grind.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Alabama's 2015 OOC - Wisconsin at Jerryworld, and Middle Tennessee, ULM, and Charleston Southern at home.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

SEC Media picks Alabama to win the West, Georgia to win the East and ... Auburn to win the SEC. #math

Auburn picked to win SEC

Batman likes this.
  11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Who said this? "If you have a social media nickname or something on your Twitter account that makes me sick, I'm not going to recruit you. I've turned down players based on their Twitter handles. I've turned down players based on Twitter pictures."

Hint: It's this guy.

[​IMG]

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Same guy who called last year's win over....someone.....erotic. I don't hate that guy.

Draft saved Draft deleted