1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BurnsWhenIPee, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

To hell with the ruptured pec..........tearing the tendon in your big toe.......sumamabitch that's gotta hurt.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If this were Rocky and Bullwinkle, the next episode would be "Can't Tear What Isn't There or Gotta Have a Toe to Know."

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I read the article on Penn State's medical changes in a recent SI. It's quite possible O'Brien just wanted people without ties to Paterno around him, but it also seems like Penn State continues to be rife with in-breeding. I get that people want to return to work for their alma mater, but that school should be going out of its way to hire people from beyond Happy Valley for all levels of positions to air the place out.
    Hiring a trustee to be AD doesn't exactly get the ball rolling in a good direction.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Before the Sandusky scandal I would guess it would have been tough to convince people who don't have ties to the area or the school to move to State College. It's a small town in a remote location.

Now I would think it's damn near impossible to convince an outsider to work there.

5. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Northwestern peeved over late-night opener at Cal: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-05-29/sports/ct-spt-0530-northwestern-football-20130530_1_nu-officials-pat-fitzgerald-jim-phillips

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

from the link; "With ESPN2 having selected the game for prime time, NU's East Coast fans — and there are plenty in the New York and D.C. areas — might have to stay up past 2 a.m. to watch the end."

Cry me a river full of tears.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I'd feel bad if it was a mid-week game, but its on a Saturday

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Or, they could play a more conventional opener against some MAC punching bag in front of 28,000 fans at home, kick off at noon and be done by 4 p.m.

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

On buy a VCR or one of those newer fancy recording devices. Been doing that for, oh, 30 years.

11. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Former super-prospect and one-time starter Philip Sims leaves the Virginia program after being declared ineligible.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/sports/mike-london-announces-qb-sims-ineligible/article_e054f442-ca08-11e2-8aae-0019bb30f31a.html

Draft saved Draft deleted