1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football, Nov. 18 weekend, non-OSU/Mich division

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DisembodiedOwlHead, Nov 16, 2006.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Well, I went to the bookstore and the grocery store in seperate trips this morning, and didn't see ESPN. Actually, traffic was backed up in the opposite direction, because everyone is going towards Columbus for the Game of the Century of the Week. I don't think those people will make kickoff unless Ryan Sonner begins directing traffic.

2. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Ryan Sonner in action:

[​IMG]

3. pallister

pallister Guest

OK, Dixie, this is bugging the shit out of me. What game is the KFC clip from?

4. dixiehack

I think that is Broncos-Steelers, but I am far from certain.

And I am old enough to remember Indiana being a bowl regular, back when the Hoosiers had those pentagram shoulder patches that would have caused congestive heart failure if my parents had ever noticed them.

5. dixiehack

I hope that Vanderbilt enjoyed knocking off the Vols last season. From the looks of things, it's going to have to sustain them for another two decades.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The Minnesota Golden Gophers are thumping Iowa 34-17.

If they hang on, they will make themselves bowl eligible, and possibly save Glen Mason's job.

As a Gophers fan, this is terrible news.

Enjoy the Motor City Bowl, Glen.

7. dixiehack

First and goal Hawkeyes. Don't count your bronze pigs ...

8. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

That game had one of the oddest plays I have ever seen. Purdue guy catches a pass, fumbles the ball on the Indiana side of midfield. Indiana's Tracy Porter picks up the ball and goes weaving through traffic, doing his best Reggie Bush impression. Porter gets near the Purdue 15 and the tight end tackles him and knocks the ball out perfectly from behind. Ball goes shooting out, goes out of the end zone before anyone can get to it. Touchback, Purdue ball at its own 20.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

hack --

I'm openly rooting for the Hawkeyes.

Fuck Glen Mason and his winter tan and his phony ass.

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Arkansas got inside the Mississippi State red zone on the game's first series but went for it on 4th-and-2 or 4th-and-3, and McFadden was stopped short of the first down. The Bulldogs are swimming upstream slowly the other way, having reached their 49 in what seems like about an hour of incomplete passes and Arkansas penalties.

Update: 2nd-and-6 on the Arkansas 20. ::)

11. dixiehack

I'm very impressed by Florida. Beating Western Carolina 62-0 is to be expected, but doing so in under three hours is a helluva accomplishment.

12. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Chris Houston returns an interception 88 yards for an Arkansas touchdown. Hogs lead 7-0 in Starkvegas.

Draft saved Draft deleted