1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football begins: SCarolina at MSU

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Blitz, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Let's Go Buff-A-Lo!!@#

Turner Gill era starts off with a bang (or a snooze)
    Gotta like the new unis for the Bulls though.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Actually they usually win the season opener - because they usually book the aforementioned Lock Haven.

Dye, any particular connection to TTU?

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Sportschick, there are some I-AA programs that could (I stress could) be competitive with bottom-of-the-barrel I-As like Temple, Buffalo.

The best team in D-II would get beaten by a drum by the worst team in I-AA. It's a totally different world.

4. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

I've worked with some serious Succops in my time.

The Chickens are going to be pretty competitive again this year. Nothing was better than Fulmer's expression when Visor Boy pulled out the Doc Johnson last year in Knoxville.

Sylvester Croom seems like a good, honest man. Certainly is an interesting, intelligent guy.

But he was left a pile of unmitigated shit by Jackie Wayne Sherrill, whose ghost towers over Scott Field, Oktibbeha County, Lil Dewey's in Starkvegas and just about everything else within a 50-mile radius.

State's defense was pretty impressive. Now they get ready for Auburn.

Bullies fans the world over are saying, "Thanks, Jackie."

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Indiana St.-St. Francis (NAIA) last year . . . guess who won, Wicked? I'll give you a big hint. It wasn't the I-AA team. I see NO difference between Iowa scheduling Montana and Montana scheduling, say Montana-Western.

6. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Not true, Jacksonville, a 1-AA school lost to Webber International, a NAIA-II school two out of the last three years.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

They can probably do things like that with now that the Cardinals have their own facility.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

BIG difference between NAIA and NCAA. NAIA schools are much more loosey-goosey -- basically glorified juco athletics.

My point stands. An NCAA Division II school may offer about the equivalent of 30-40 scholarships. IIRC, a Division I-AA school offers 65. Even the best of D-II will get hammered 95 times out of 100.

Draft saved Draft deleted