1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 9/2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

My season opener last season: 3:39. Interested to see the difference tonight.

2. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

slightly pulled hamstring on his second return

i've seen some great buford-commerce games (all of 'em won by commerce)

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

monte williams > herschel walker? ;D

4. HoopsMcCann

not quite... but that fucker was incredible. best high school player i've ever seen

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

were you still around to see darius at buford? 'cause i saw them both -- in their primes -- and it's still a tossup in my mind whether darius or monte was better as a high school RB ... both were can't-believe-your-eyes dominant in region 8-A in their times ...

(although, no doubt, butler community college (williams) doesn't compare to notre dame (walker) at the next level) ...

6. HoopsMcCann

i heard monte's out of jail now

i saw walker once. didn't see him in his prime. and honestly, monte's prime may have been his sophomore year before his injury

i saw probably 15 commerce games with williams and all but two of those games i walked away saying i'd seen something i'd never seen before and didn't think i'd ever see again

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

well, darius probably never had a real prime at buford because he never played past the second quarter ... and yet he still ran for 46 TDs, geez, ...

if monte's out of jail now, just give him six months and he'll be back. too bad. dude was like 5'9", but had the greatest vision in a runner i've ever seen. so smart on the football field, so dumb off it.

8. HoopsMcCann

monte's senior year, we not only had him in the coverage area, but also washington-wilkes' daccus turman (who broke herschel's single-season rushing mark) and oconee county's tyson browning. we cheated and had three rbs for our all-area team

9. HoopsMcCann

and the thing was, monte wasn't stupid, he was just a dumbass. i mean, you could talk to him and he'd give you great quotes and he was good and funny. he was just a dumbass. then michael collins, the qb, was a smart kid with a tough background who wasn't a dumbass

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

... which is how collins ended up in knoxville, and monte ended up in butler county, kansas ... at least for a year or two

11. HoopsMcCann

collins then went to clemson -- and he had a much worse background than monte

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Wow, I have learned so much about college football today by reading Yahoo news. Here's the headlines of some very informative stories:

* QB McCoy ready for Longhorns' opener -- I should hope so!
    * Buckeyes hope to avoid upset vs. NIU -- They do? I hope they sent their investigative reporter for this one.
    * Auburn, Washington St. seek big victory -- Against each other, even!
    * Marshall looks to minimize mistakes -- Man, that's the secret!

Draft saved Draft deleted