1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2020 offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Apr 1, 2020.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Posted in the covid bubble topic, but, California jucos moved all fall sports to early spring on Thursday.

maumann likes this.
  2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

How long before "just conference games" becomes "just division games" becomes "just no games this year"?

We can rearrange the deck chairs on this Titanic, but the ship's still going to sink.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    2muchcoffeeman and britwrit like this.
  3. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

If Texas goes without high school football...that will be a killer for some of the small towns.

One things that's been interesting to see here in Florida is the high school football coaches that have been tired of all the Co-Vid "overreacting" now questioning if they should be holding school in brick and mortar facilities this fall.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...-doubt-after-dallas-schools-leaders-comments/

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

When will we change the title of this thread to College Football 2021 Offseason Thread?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Between the Big Ten's and Pac-12's moves, BYU has lost five of its 12 opponents.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The MAC suddenly feels great kinship with BYU.

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I see BYU — like many Pac-12 universities — will offer, at best, "hybrid" classes in the fall semester, partly in-person and partly remote learning. It will be all remote learning after Thanksgiving (other colleges are moving up the semester start date and will be done by Thanksgiving).

BYU COVID-19 Updates

I know the LDS church was one of the first to scrub weekend services, and they haven't returned to them yet.

Wouldn't surprise me if BYU just bagged the football season, too.

maumann likes this.
  10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The MAC can go to conference-only and play a full schedule, albeit without the huge Big-10 paydays some teams usually receive. BYU can't. The Mt. West has to be chuckling.

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Not just that, they lost their first four games.

MileHigh likes this.
  12. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted