1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2018 Week 9 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 22, 2018.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

From the "I don't give a f--- about your fantasy team or your wife's alma mater dept.:" UC Davis, one of the top scoring teams in FCS this season (and whose only loss was at Stanford) trailed at Montana 21-3 at the half, committing 10 penalties, including three unsportsmanlike conducts on one drive -- one on the head coach. They then proceeded to score 46 unanswered points in the final 30 minutes. Aggies 49, Griz 21. Saw them in person last month and their hurry-up spread offense, when clicking on all cylinders, is a load of fun to watch.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I don't have an offshore account and don't live in state that has legalized yet (get your ass in gear, Indiana), so I have to find dance partners for betting through private Facebook boards and some message boards. (Not here, though, um, PM me ...) For the NFL it's not hard to find action, but college is another matter. I can't say "I want Indiana over, SMU and UTEP" without people thinking I'm a sharp.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He's not playing intramurals brother.

[​IMG]

maumann likes this.
  4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Is Gandhi taking a knee yet?

maumann likes this.
  5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

For some reason, I tuned into a couple minutes of Wake-Lou Saturday.
    Good Heavens, Wake is fun to watch. They go 100 mph on every play. They may not know where they're going, but they get there really fast.

6. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

The game starts at 8:00 P.M., no? It should take at least four hours, barring overtime. I hope you are staying overnight in Lubbock and not trying to drive back.

Personally I can think of no non-sexual activity that would be worth an overnight stay in Lubbock but to each their own.

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I'd agree. I remember trying to do a game in Knoxville that started at 8 p.m. and drive back all the way back home in the same night — five hours away. When I started dozing off and my car nearly careened off a Kentucky highway at 4 a.m., I thought better of it and paid the fine people at Holiday Inn Express $125 to use a room for a grand total of five hours. Worth it.

8. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Made it to the 2006 SEC Championship game from Gainesville and back in one day and hit a keg party upon return. Now at 34, I cannot believe I ever had that much energy.

maumann and Hermes like this.
  9. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

They ran 100 plays against FSU a couple weeks ago.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Does a one-loss Notre Dame make it into the playoff? Figure the SEC and Big10 have two slots, a one-loss Clemson is in. It really doesn't matter though. The committee is just figuring out who is going to lose to Bama.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Alabama’s not only going to run the table this year, but next as well:

Aug. 31 vs. Duke in Atlanta

Sept. 7 vs. New Mexico State

Sept. 14 at South Carolina

Sept. 21 vs. Southern Miss

Sept. 28 vs. Ole Miss

Oct. 5: Bye

Oct. 12 at Texas A&M

Oct. 19 vs. Tennessee

Oct. 26 vs. Arkansas

Nov. 2: Bye

Nov. 9 vs. LSU

Nov. 16 at Mississippi State

Nov. 23 vs. Western Carolina

Nov. 30 at Auburn

12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

No way ND makes it with one loss. Its schedule is soft, its loss would be against a shitty team, and it hasn't looked good in some of its wins.

Draft saved Draft deleted