1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2018 Week 12 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 12, 2018.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I didn't see the garbage time of UCF-Cinci, did Herbstreit give any credence to UCF as a playoff team or did he just say the trip to Orlando was an ESPN/Disney field trip and that on Monday he'll return to ignoring them?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Just for the sheer entertainment aspect of it, I hope OU gets the 4 seed.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Dicing up some stats tonight, Mississippi State allowed three touchdowns and 60 points in seven home games this season. No idea how that ranks among all FBS teams, but it's No. 1 in the SEC. Only Alabama (71) and LSU (95) allowed less than 100 points at home.
    Pretty impressive, and disappointing that they could never generate any kind of consistent offense. That could have been a New Year's Six team with a little better offense.

4. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

I was at the UCF game last night, third time watching them live this season.

I'll say this. In a one-shot game with four weeks to prepare and maintain health, I think they could play with anyone, Alabama, Clemson included. They are fast enough, have enough explosive players on both sides of the ball and are good enough and deep enough on the lines to compete at a high level. They could also lose big. But I think their quarterback play and their pace makes them very dangerous.

If someone asked me how they would fare in the SEC as a week-in-week out conference opponent. I'd say 8-4, maybe 9-3, maybe 7-5 or worse if injuries hit them at the wrong time I think they are on par with Florida and LSU, not as good as Alabama or Georgia. Maybe a little better in the ACC, which is seriously down this year.

I understand why they aren't in the playoff, the schedule isn't good, the AAC is struggling this year. Even down the stretch if the Knights play Houston in the AAC title game the Cougars will be without their record-setting quarterback so the supposed tests in the conference aren't even real tests.

But UCF is damn good. They aren't just posing. They can play.

I Should Coco likes this.
  5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Meh. My Vols allowed 14 touchdowns and 108 points in seven home QUARTERS this season (vs. Alabama and Missouri).

Batman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted