1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2017 Week 3 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Sep 11, 2017.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

When your starting QB is a guy who couldn't get on the field during his two years at Idaho, that says a lot about your passing game (and lack of one). And yeah, the Beavers' defense is atrocious.

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Murph, I'm wondering what you think of the Cougs' quarterback situation.

Leach said all the right things about pulling Falk to let him regroup and get a view from the sidelines during a rough start against Boise State. (And of course, Leach had no information to provide about whether or not Falk suffered a concussion in the second half).

But the moment Falk struggles again, it will be hard for him and others on the offense not to glance at the sidelines and see if Hilinski is warming up.

Probably won't be an issue versus Oregon State. But they've got a tough stretch of games after that.

3. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Falk seemed to be out of it much of the night, almost as if he'd been concussed early in the game. He didn't have much touch on the ball, especially the few times he tried going long. Based on that, I say good on Leach for making his star QB sit to regroup. I'm hoping Falk got the message and comes back stronger.
    Back in the Jason Gesser days, WAZZU had a similar situation, with a good young QB (Matt Kegel) on the sidelines, waiting for his turn. Mike Price handled it by having Kegel take control for the first drive in the second quarter each week. Maybe something like that would work, but if Falk really struggles, a longer stint for Hilinski.
    If nothing else, it makes me feel good that the Cougs will have a good QB after Falk graduates.
    The USC game will be the true litmus test, for Falk and the Cougs as a whole.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Remarkably, Bob Davie's biggest problem at the moment isn't back-to-back losses to New Mexico State.

Sources: Allegations prompt Davie investigation

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Guess it's time to put a new spin on the original Lobogate.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Especially when Iowa beat Michigan last year. Shitty "fake ID" Iowa. Wonderful Harbaughian Michigan.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Murph, how different, if much at all, are the past 14 seasons at WSU if Mike Price doesn't leave for his very short stay at Alabama?

8. dixiehack

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It's to piss off the South. Probably have Jemele make a guest appearance.

HanSenSE, doctorquant and dixiehack like this.
  10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Bite your tongue, Week 4 is Vandy/Bama! Potentially both undefeated!

11. dixiehack

What if I told you ... Vandy might go 7-5 this year.

12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I'd believe it. Their d is legit. Their O? Not so much.

Draft saved Draft deleted