1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2016 Week 3 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I'd hire Herman if I'm LSU. He's the smartest guy in the room (perhaps literally) and LSU may not want a guy who's going to tell you your shit the minute he gets in the door.

You know, I'd go to the Okie State well again and at least call Gundy. And I'd look at this South Florida coach, too. Harbaugh disciple.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think there are a few Big 12 coaches who are right on the verge of saying "fuck this" to their league. The refs, the expansion, the league having a de facto boss in Texas...

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

As you said, LSU will go after Jimbo Fisher first. That was the plan last year.

There's going to be a mad rush for Tom Herman, similar to what there was for Urban Meyer in 2004-05. The team that fires its coach first might have the inside track. Then again, if Houston gets into the Big 12, Herman might stay put.

4. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Briles?

5. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I can't see them tabbing a coach without HC experience, but I think LSU's current DC will make one hell of a HC some day.

6. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Hard to imagine they could land Fisher. Other than throwing a lot of money at him, what does LSU offer over FSU.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Prolly not there, but Briles will be a coach again.

8. Steak Snabler

I think Fisher has had issues with his AD going back to the Jameis Winston situation.

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I drove from Roanoke to Boone to visit a buddy at App back in the day. This was pre-Google Maps, so he emailed us directions, which had us going down 81 into Tennessee and over the mountains into Boone. His directions included "Drive through Mountain City, but make no mistake, it is not a city."

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

This is probably the worst week ever for Pitt to be playing Oklahoma State.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

12. Steak Snabler

Well-played Buffaloes:

HanSenSE and dixiehack like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted