1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2016 offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 26, 2016.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I remember some folks raising some eyebrows at Freese's first recruiting class.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

See what happens when you beat Alabama two years in a row? You get put in your place. Now go sit back down at the kids table, Ole Miss.
    You're better off ripping off the mob than embarrassing Alabama.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Ole Miss is fortunate somebody doesn't hire a PI to follow around that program for a year.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's one of those things that is kind of accepted that all the big schools cheat (whether it's technically cheating or not). Read more than a few stories about big time players living with high school friends at really sweet off-campus digs (paid for by the friend's parents) or a parent moving to the college town for a new "job" after the kid signed the LOI. I also think some coaches don't even have to ask boosters to step up. Maybe someone connected to program hosts a recruiting "preview" talking about the players they are "hoping" to get.

5. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Not true! You mean all the big schools, EXCEPT my alma mater and/or subject of my fandom.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I'm totally shocked that a middling program hired a new coach who had spent one year as a head coach of a Sun Belt school, then suddenly had the No. 1 rated recruiting class might have broken some of the rules.

TigerVols likes this.
  7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It's all revenge for The Blind Side, can't you see?

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The revelation in my post is not that Ole Miss has been cheating.

It's that Schad's "source" was wrong again.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Vols fans' eyebrows are still raised: No. 1 JC recruit Kongbo signed a FAA with UT, but has not sent in his LoI, because apparently his father is still in negotiation with Ole Miss for a job on the Ag School faculty and daddy refuses to sign the LoI. Kongbo turns 21 in June, and won't need parent's approval after that, but yet OM is still mucking up matters.

10. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

12. John

John Well-Known Member

I'm greatly enjoying Harbaugh's (very effective) efforts to get under the SEC's skin. He's exactly what college football needs right now, regardless of what he does on the field.

Draft saved Draft deleted