1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2015 Week 7 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 12, 2015.

1. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Football coaches are responsible for their assistants and anyone else who works in the football program.

They aren't responsible for academic services. That's on the AD.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

When "academic services" consists of an assistant coach helping rig ACT results, that's on the man with the whistle.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

2, Baylor
    4, Utah

Strange new world of CFB.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Hasn't Baylor been a pretty consistent top 10 team for a while now?

Either way, I'm really looking forward to this week's games. Pretty solid slate, especially the 3:30 p.m. ET block.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Baylor finished unranked in 2010, No. 13 in 2011, unranked in 2012 and No. 13 in 2013.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

And 7th last year.

9. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

The assistant named in the ULL/NCAA report landed at the juco where I work, and he denied the allegations, although officially he has no comment. He's still on staff, BTW.

In the brief time I've known him he seems like a decent, stand-up guy, who is well-liked, but I guess appearances can be deceiving. If he's telling the truth, however, there are two ways it could have gone: 1. He did it at the specific direction of Hudspeth, who then threw him under the bus when it got out (which they did anyway); 2. Allegedly, the coach & the woman who was the ACT admin at Wayne County were involved in some sort of relationship, and she did it on her own because that's what she thought he'd want.

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Auburn finally f'n covers. By one point.

Michigan State... you're the last in my experiment. Currently +7.5 at Michigan.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Guess your definition of "a while" is different than mine.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Stanford forgot to offer UCLA lube.

Draft saved Draft deleted