1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 12/2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DisembodiedOwlHead, Dec 2, 2006.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Fans threw oranges on the field and the players were kicking it around like it was a soccer ball. Figures.

2. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Could we have an all-cinderella Orange Bowl?

Nah, West Virginia couldn't possibly lose at home two weeks in a row. And certainly not to Rutgers, which sooner or later has to remember that it's Rutgers.

I'd love to see Rutgers in a BCS game, but I really don't like this matchup for them tonight. And I certainly don't like Teel on the road in a big game where he's likely going to have to make a bunch of big plays.

3. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Nothing says academy football like the voices of Ian Eagle and Boomer.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'm not taking anything away from Wake. And the ACC is a strong conference. But it isn't quite as strong when it's two powerhouse, usually-in-the-national-title-mix, schools unexpectedly fall apart. I was more saying that the world seemed upside down--i.e. my early bet on Duke next year--not that Wake didn't earn it.

5. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I really wanted to see Army win, but other than that sweet double reverse to score, they haven't done a darn thing to move the football.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I will admit that Wake winning the ACC has a Bizarro World feel to it. I'm just not going to acknowledge that Wake won only because the Florida school flopped. For those who do feel like that, see Wake's mashing of the Seminoles in Tallahassee. That was anything but a lucky escape.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Same here. But at least it wasn't a blowout. At least they hung in there, which is more than what Army can say in some recent years.

8. Grohl

Grohl Guest

For anyone who's been watching the game: Does UCLA have any chance of pulling this off? (I'm nowhere near a TV and just saw the score.)

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Other than Army-Navy and USC-UCLA, it's the biggest fraud Saturday in college football -- manufactured "championship" games so the alleged power conferences can take a sponsor's dick up their ass.

That's why I'm watching college basketball today.

Oh, and you suck, Big 12, SEC and ACC. You suck.

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Is Karl Dorrell trying to be the next Mike Shula of playcalling? Punch the fucking ball into the endzone.

Anyhoo, UCLA 13 USC 10 9 in the 4th. This could be the best news all day for me. I was listening to it on radio while getting my brake lights replaced and I thought that USC was just toying with UCLA in the first half, and then promptly blow their asses out in the second half. It looks like USC isn't even trying to win this game.

It's fixed Oz.

11. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

UCLA is settling for too many field goals.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Actually, 13-9 Bruins, who really could have taken control on that last drive. I have a feeling that might cost them in the end.

Draft saved Draft deleted