1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 11-24/25

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GB-Hack, Nov 24, 2006.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

For the I-AA fans in the house, rivals Montana and Montana State won their playoff games by almost identical scores -- Montana beat McNeese State 31-6; MSU downed Furman 31-7.

2. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

the unstoppable reggie ball? 2 catches for 13 yards.

of course, if he had anyone other than reggie ball as his quarterback, he would be unstoppable.

i'm thinking of petitioning the ncaa for ball to get a fifth year of eligibility

3. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i'm sure tranghese is in some small way comforted by how badly the acc sucks

seriously, do they have one team that should be ranked? wake, maybe?

(and yes, i'm aware i quoted myself)

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

And Montana State's reward is App. State. Ouch.
    What is the new stupid thing the NCAA is trying to call the I-AA playoffs? I saw it on the crawl during Clemson's choke to South Carolina, but I don't remember now.

And basically that was Tillman's reasoning for Nutt. It was either win this season or get canned and he responded with a 10-win and possibly more season this year. Tillman said no coach in the country was under more pressure than Nutt this season. I think Larry Coker might argue that, but what do I know.
    The Arkansas thing is just odd. When the Hogs did something right it was because of the high school coach turned OC, when they did something wrong it was Nutt's fault.
    But I don't see how you can fire a guy after 10 wins, likely conference coach of the year and a legit candidate for national coach of the year. Arkansas fans, I guess, are just a special brand of delusional.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

If Rutgers loses to WVU it's headed to the Sun Bowl.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

No more so than OSU fans, Notre Dame fans, Florida fans, etc. The one big difference is that Arkansas doesn't have the tradition for its fans to justify complaining about one of its better seasons.

We both agree that Nutt lacking job secutirty at this point in time is ludicrous. Don't read the papers in Arkansas anymore, but Nutt's main problem for years was being too involved in the offense without knowing anything about modern offenses. He should get some credit for handing the reins to Malzahn this year, though, shouldn't he? Even if he was forced to.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Nah, Jay, it's not just Arkansas fans.

There was a segment of Michigan fans who wanted Lloyd Carr gone after last season's 7-5 debacle. Carr has a national championship -- made the Rose Bowl two years ago -- and had everyone coming back. You see what UM has done this season. Enough said.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Does the Arkansas stuff go back to the big brother-little brother aspect that was being discussed yesterday about rivalry games? It seems to me like the Razorbacks place way more on that game than LSU does.

9. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! SOUTH FLORIDA!

Take that loosers.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

And in the day's most hugest upset (sorry Webby :D), Carroll College is eliminated from the NAIA playoffs in the quarters, marking the first time in 4 or 6 years they won't play for the title.

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

When Rutgers has sucked as bad as it has for the last few decades, a victory over an undefeated, ranked team is the most important victory in its history... until the next victory over a ranked team. :)
    Can't comment on Louisville and South Florida because I don't know those programs' histories.

Considering Schiano hasn't officially taken himself out of the running for the Miami job, major distractions could be in the Rutgers forecast for this week.

12. joe

joe Active Member

I'm really starting to worry about Oz. Has anybody seen him? Heard from him? Dear god, he didn't have a full prescription of Percocet, did he?
    Please, someone who knows him: Call him. Call the police. Knock on his door. Break down his door if you have to. Mouth to mouth if you have to. Make sure, before the cold hand of death takes him that he knows this: Mizzou 42, Kansas 17. Kuck Fansas. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted