1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 11/01-11/04

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Nov 1, 2006.

1. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Nice job by Bret Bielema to find a crater-sized loophole in the new time rules. Wisconsin scores with 22 seconds left in the half to make it 10-3 for UW. On the kickoff, Wisconsin goes offsides, but they don't put the time back on the clock. 14 seconds left. UW goes offsides on the next kickoff, but the time still goes off, running it down to 4 seconds. JoePa realizes what is happening and gets old-man cranky pissed. Wisconsin finally kicks off without going offsides, but time runs out on the return. JoePa was not a happy camper.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Fuck.

You.

Mike.

Shula.

17-10 Miss. Stake.

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Darby doesn't look good, either. Maybe time to give Jimmy Johns some carries?

4. dixiehack

You could give a healthy Shaun Alexander carries in a rocket-powered go cart and it still wouldn't matter with that crappy-ass bucket-step blocking OL.

5. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Johns, who ran his mouth plenty this week, hasn't been in on an offensive play.

Tide don't appear capable of winning a shootout with (gulp!) the Cowbells.

6. dixiehack

I want my SJ secret Santa to ship me a new coach.

7. August West

August West Member

even better was how offsides they were. 10 guys were 10-15 yards downfield before mehlhaff kicked the ball.

8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Yep, figured that was why.

9. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Johns just standing at the 45 with his helmet off. Seems like Tide could use him here in the final 86 seconds.

10. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

That is fucking genius. Love Bielema for essentially giving JoePa the middle finger on that one.

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I'm surprised JoePa didn't blow out his left knee....that thing buckled pretty badly.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

JoePA suffers a left leg injury when a plays rolls right into him. He's hobbling around on the sideline, trying to walk it off, at the moment.

And those kickoff offsides were hardly "fucking genius." It's cowardly. You do that on a video game, not real ones. Play like you're supposed to.

Draft saved Draft deleted